Anyone breed bearded dragons? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 25-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Regular
Default Anyone breed bearded dragons?

Hi all im looking to get some bearded dragons within the next few months and would like a fire and ice morph if possible or im interested in any morph really.

If you are a breeder or no of breeders can you plz let me no their name/num and where they are based please.

If your a breeder plz add photos of any you have

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 1

Have a look in the classified forum section as there is
Lots and lots of beardie breeders here.

Old 25-05-2011, 04:27 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergaljay View Post
Hi all im looking to get some bearded dragons within the next few months and would like a fire and ice morph if possible or im interested in any morph really.

If you are a breeder or no of breeders can you plz let me no their name/num and where they are based please.

Thanks

Contact a member on here called woodrott. He handles the UK side of Fire and Ice and has some excellent dragons Very knowledgeable keeper/breeder so you can't go wrong with him!

Jenny

Old 25-05-2011, 04:33 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergaljay View Post

Thanks

For Fire and Ice PM Woodrott. He's based in Chester.

Remember Fire and Ice is a breed name not a morph. Bit like a 'kennel name' on dog breeders.

Also if It doesn't have a certificate, its not a F&I.

Same goes for Sandfire. Sandfire Range dragons from USA.

1.2.0. Beardies Wally, Wilma and Wendy. (Each in own viv, don't house beardies together please)
lygodactylus picturatus Rag,tag, bobtail
1.1.0 shongololo (Train millipedes local African name)...Choochoo and Thomas...
1.1.0 Dogs
Ben, Jack Russel. Holly, Border Collie,
Loooots of fishies
looots of live colonies.
R.I.P. Little Fred. Beardie 29/4/2011

Old 25-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Ultra Citizen
Reviews: 1

All a breeder has to do is get some nice dragons an breed them and then make a nice fancy website and a nice name for the dragons and then put up any price they want, then spend time on forums throwing your name about and you'll sell your babies at a good price then buy more good quality dragons so you can get more nice babies, within a few years you will be known as a top breeder in UK.

F&I yes have stunning dragons but they had to start somewhere and they sell at a premium price. The more people breeding nice dragons in the UK the less will want F&I.

Any breeder can give a certificate with there baby dragons and I wonder if anyone has ever created a fake certificate saying it a baby from F&I parents when it's not, I wouldn't know what a F&I certificate looks like to know if fake or not

Old 25-05-2011, 06:11 PM
5 Star Member

Fairly easy on the certificates. Mail a copy to the breeder and ask them if it theirs. They are more than happy to check them since its their reputation they are protecting.

I did this myself with a WDD dragon I was considering, and they confirmed the picture and the certificate were genuine. The second picture I got of the dragon however was nothing like the original picture so I left it.

Moral is. If your buying a named breed dragon, check with the breeder.

Breeding a line is nowhere as easy as 'throwing some nice beardies together'. There is a lot of hard work on the genetics and lines to get decent healthy stock. Not to mention the time and expense of bringing in top rated dragons. I know one breeder on here who waited 2 years for a WDD dragon for thier line and paid a fortune for it. I then paid good money for a baby from that male once it was finally old enough to breed.

Good lines have good reputations for good reasons. Its damn hard work to keep those lines producing good morph stock.

Just as an example. Count the breeding stock on the WDD website. They are currently holding 84 breeders, not to mention all the clutches and juveniles they need to look after also.

I think Mark at F&I bought a heap load of bloodstock from USA not too long back and imported them. The cost? I wouldnt like to even guess at it.

You want quality dragons, you pay for them.

I'm seeing a lot more 'anti breeder' comments around lately and know of one breeder who is even being accused of sending out fake photos of their dragons. They work hard for their reputations, and comments like that can ruin a hard won reputation through sheer spite or ignorance or in some cases simple jealousy

yes you can go buy a random morph from a random breeder, if you want F&I or WDD or others, you know your getting the result of a lot of work and those beardies will be guaranteed to be healthy.

1.2.0. Beardies Wally, Wilma and Wendy. (Each in own viv, don't house beardies together please)
lygodactylus picturatus Rag,tag, bobtail
1.1.0 shongololo (Train millipedes local African name)...Choochoo and Thomas...
1.1.0 Dogs
Ben, Jack Russel. Holly, Border Collie,
Loooots of fishies
looots of live colonies.
R.I.P. Little Fred. Beardie 29/4/2011

Last edited by nicnet; 25-05-2011 at 06:14 PM..
Old 25-05-2011, 07:01 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via AIM to woodrott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste123 View Post
All a breeder has to do is get some nice dragons an breed them and then make a nice fancy website and a nice name for the dragons and then put up any price they want, then spend time on forums throwing your name about and you'll sell your babies at a good price then buy more good quality dragons so you can get more nice babies, within a few years you will be known as a top breeder in UK.

F&I yes have stunning dragons but they had to start somewhere and they sell at a premium price. The more people breeding nice dragons in the UK the less will want F&I.

Any breeder can give a certificate with there baby dragons and I wonder if anyone has ever created a fake certificate saying it a baby from F&I parents when it's not, I wouldn't know what a F&I certificate looks like to know if fake or not

oooooboy your so wrong
Ive been breeding for a long time over 14 years
Terri in the USA has been breeding the same length of time
our name is the best for a reason
as for proving if a dragon is fire and ice or not
ive the uk stud book so one call to me and i can confirm 99%of the time

when you know what the hell your on about and have a name like ours
then i think you can start to slag us down
until then i would appreciate you keeping your comments about fire and ice to your self
or at least know what your on about

thank you mark
fire and ice uk

p,s
Ive not got a web site
I'm known for my dragons
this is a reputation others have given me
Old 25-05-2011, 08:59 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to jarvis and charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicnet View Post
Fairly easy on the certificates. Mail a copy to the breeder and ask them if it theirs. They are more than happy to check them since its their reputation they are protecting.

I did this myself with a WDD dragon I was considering, and they confirmed the picture and the certificate were genuine. The second picture I got of the dragon however was nothing like the original picture so I left it.

Moral is. If your buying a named breed dragon, check with the breeder.

Breeding a line is nowhere as easy as 'throwing some nice beardies together'. There is a lot of hard work on the genetics and lines to get decent healthy stock. Not to mention the time and expense of bringing in top rated dragons. I know one breeder on here who waited 2 years for a WDD dragon for thier line and paid a fortune for it. I then paid good money for a baby from that male once it was finally old enough to breed.

Good lines have good reputations for good reasons. Its damn hard work to keep those lines producing good morph stock.

Just as an example. Count the breeding stock on the WDD website. They are currently holding 84 breeders, not to mention all the clutches and juveniles they need to look after also.

I think Mark at F&I bought a heap load of bloodstock from USA not too long back and imported them. The cost? I wouldnt like to even guess at it.

You want quality dragons, you pay for them.

I'm seeing a lot more 'anti breeder' comments around lately and know of one breeder who is even being accused of sending out fake photos of their dragons. They work hard for their reputations, and comments like that can ruin a hard won reputation through sheer spite or ignorance or in some cases simple jealousy

yes you can go buy a random morph from a random breeder, if you want F&I or WDD or others, you know your getting the result of a lot of work and those beardies will be guaranteed to be healthy.
wow mark buy a dragon ???? why ?
Old 25-05-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Star Member

I think the point the member was trying to make is not all breeders are bad like several posts they have seen on here lately have made out.

Small breeders and better known ones all started out somewhere.

The difference between them is their reputation not how big they are, somebody in it for the money will soon give up once the cash runs out, those with personal plans, challenges and ambitions will keep going and pay into their hobby without a second thought even if they get nothing financially back

The price your paying is for quality and is only a fraction of what their passion has cost them!

As far as reputation goes people aren't stupid, nobody can keep everyone happy all the time, 1 person complaining about a breeder is actually more common than people think - we can only do our best not work miracles lol
When several customers complain about the same breeder you should beware

I for example have many more than happy customers who have become friends and even open my home to forum members for help who have seen my dragons in the flesh even when not buying from me.

It has also been said by another breeder who has never spoken to me let alone seen my dragons that my adults and babies have no colour and all my pictures are altered amongst other things.

The best advise I can give anyone looking for a dragon is talk to a lot of people, breeders and customers, then use your own common sense to work out who is legitimate and who has the gift of the gab wether that's a breeder big or small

* www.Gemstone-Dragons.com - Bearded Dragons & Indian Star Tortoises *

* Why buy a Ferarri and then put cheap Tyres on it? - My Pets were expensive, this is reflected in my Setups, Care & Feeding regimes *

* We are now on Facebook offering safe BD advice - http://www.facebook.com/groups/BDFUK/ *

*Responsibly taking time out from our Dragon Breeding Programme while focussing on our Indian Star Tortoise Breeding Project *

Old 25-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Super Regular

sooooooooooooo back to the original posters questions can breeders put up there locations and what they breed or if anyone knows of any then can they post where they can get in touch with them

Please

Tags
bearded , breeder , dragon , fire , ice