urgent problem in bosc - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 18-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Super Citizen
Default urgent problem in bosc

just got home tonight and fed the bosc and noticed that one off the bosc is tilting its head and and not able to catch food properly. he was fine yesterday. could this be a neurological problem? heating is fine food is always gut loaded and dusted with nutrobal. only thing is they dont have uv as was told they be ok without it.

would like opions on what people think is wrong and how it could of happened. and how to make it better

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Banned

Pics and details of the set up and age of Bosc would help.
Old 19-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Super Citizen

there in a 3 ft setup red bulb stated hes only about 5 month old! not much to take pics of really its like he cant get his balance and his head moves funny like hes drunk and cant focus on food even when hold it for him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-06-2011, 12:41 AM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicola1234 View Post
there in a 3 ft setup red bulb stated hes only about 5 month old! not much to take pics of really its like he cant get his balance and his head moves funny like hes drunk and cant focus on food even when hold it for him!
Red bulb. What's that? What temperature is the basking spot? What is the cool end? What choices does he have between these? You saying he has a red bulb suggests to me that you have no idea how to support a monitor lizard. No monitor keeper would use a red bulb. Not much to take pictures of? I think whosthedaddy was referring to pictures of your entire set up. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Darwin likes this.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
first off all you need to get shut of the red builb as they wont be able to
extinguish from day and night need to get a daylight basking light in there and temps at basking area should be in the 40s and cool end 30 to 35c and reason why to get rid of red builb is coz they cnt see if it day or night

for the UV they dont need it but it wouldnt do them any harm for a 10% UV in there

and with this problem need a pics or videos to show or anoti suggest you do it take it too a local reptile vet and get them tto check it over like

regards john
0.1 dumeril boa
2.0 royal python
0.1 hermans tortise
1.1 spur thigh tortoises
0.1 bosc monitor
Old 19-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boa mad View Post
first off all you need to get shut of the red builb as they wont be able to
extinguish from day and night need to get a daylight basking light in there and temps at basking area should be in the 40s and cool end 30 to 35c and reason why to get rid of red builb is coz they cnt see if it day or night

for the UV they dont need it but it wouldnt do them any harm for a 10% UV in there

and with this problem need a pics or videos to show or anoti suggest you do it take it too a local reptile vet and get them tto check it over like

regards john

thankyou for the real help instead of patronising help like the other person has done. people like that should feel ashamed as peoples animals are suffering as they are scared to ask for help. no1 is perfect and people like to learn from there mistakes properly from more experianced keepers not to be spoke to like a piece of s**t.

anyway thankyou for the help and have bought new buld and 10% uv today will try take videos tonight!

thanks nicola
Old 19-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
thankyou for the real help instead of patronising help like the other person has done. people like that should feel ashamed as peoples animals are suffering as they are scared to ask for help. no1 is perfect and people like to learn from there mistakes properly from more experianced keepers not to be spoke to like a piece of s**t.

anyway thankyou for the help and have bought new buld and 10% uv today will try take videos tonight!

thanks nicola
sadly some people do just jump down ya throat like but there are alot of lovely and helpfully people on this site and its alot better than most other forums like

thats good like that may help him and the UV will help too and hopfully he will improve but if not i would defo take him to vets and get checked properly out but if it was me i would take him to vets now just to get professnal advise

john
0.1 dumeril boa
2.0 royal python
0.1 hermans tortise
1.1 spur thigh tortoises
0.1 bosc monitor
Old 19-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Forum Citizen

and another thing is make sure u turn the daylight off at night time you can always use the red light as night time heat but tbh ur house shudnt rly get belowe 20c so it will be fine
0.1 dumeril boa
2.0 royal python
0.1 hermans tortise
1.1 spur thigh tortoises
0.1 bosc monitor
Old 19-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:

thanks nicola
Why should I feel ashamed of myself? Animals suffer because people buy them without researching and providing them without proper conditions. I fail to see how I spoke to you like s**t, I was merely pointing out that your post suggested that you didn't know how to correctly keep the animal. I would like to help but so far the details you have given are sketchy about it's conditions. You need to get your husbandry right first and IMO a u.v bulb is way, way down on the list.
vandal and trogdorable like this.
Old 19-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Hatchling

Quote:

thanks nicola
I think you misinterpreted *Being patronised* with fact.

Your better off accepting your wrong and fixing the problem, than to sit her arguing about it. Get it checked over, and read some more care sheets for the lizards sake, he is the one suffering not you.
vandal and Barlow like this.
Acanthosaura Capra - Swiftie (F)