Reptile Forums banner

beardie viv?

891 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  dickvansheepcake 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.Me and a friend have two clutch mate beardies, they are about 4 months old and showing signs of dominance. They are in a small viv at the moment and we are arguing about the size of the viv we should get. I think they are ready for a 4ft or to be separated but my friend thinks this will stress them out! Can someone please help?

#3 ·
it is best to separate them mate, and they can both go in 4 ft vivs as this what will be needed in the end.
it will stress them but they will get stressed when ever you move them so i would do it asap
:2thumb:

#6 ·
Hey jetski and co.
Right just to put across what I actually said as wires have been crossed here.:whistling2:
What I said and had concerns for, wasn't what the IP has stated here. It was that she was wanting to move the beardies into a 6ft by 2ft viv on a substrate of pellets. This was why I was showing concern, that space is far too large for beardies so small and will indeed stress them out. That was all my concern was. Also, i do agree that a 4ft viv will be suitable. And have agreed to them being seperated for some time now.
I hope this has answered any questions or confusions.
cheers guys : victory:

#11 ·
hello everyone, just want to clear up as i have seen the beardies, i would like to ask that people that come onto this site to ask for advice do not lie!
the above op turned up to redcherrys home with two bearded dragons, no set up and no information on how to keep them, they are kept in a 1ft by 6inch x 2/3 inches tub, with a buld for heat, no uv what so ever, no stat and no thermometer.
Redcherry has no exp on bearded dragons, but is upgrading to a 2ft tank iuntill a 4ft become avalible, this enclosure is also higher so they can atleast climb and uvb light/basking bulb, also has been supplyed with a stat for them.
The above op wants to put them on 'pellets' because they 'look good' and feed them quorn, and wants to upgrade to a 6ft, these beardies have the beginnings of mbd, they are not alert (although since i added heat and uv are looking better asoon as i did) atleast tel the truth if you would like hel and advice on this website.
When i was there the beardie the op owns is not passing properly, it is basicly liquid poo.

i have since then shown redcherry to give the beardies uv everyday for half an hour twice a day and changed it so the temps are acceptable. The temp set up will arrive this week, until a 4ft becomes avalible.

So please, if you want advice be honest, this website is for advce and help, this can only be given if honest about the problem.

#12 ·
hello everyone, just want to clear up as i have seen the beardies, i would like to ask that people that come onto this site to ask for advice do not lie!
the above op turned up to redcherrys home with two bearded dragons, no set up and no information on how to keep them, they are kept in a 1ft by 6inch x 2/3 inches tub, with a buld for heat, no uv what so ever, no stat and no thermometer.
Redcherry has no exp on bearded dragons, but is upgrading to a 2ft tank iuntill a 4ft become avalible, this enclosure is also higher so they can atleast climb and uvb light/basking bulb, also has been supplyed with a stat for them.
The above op wants to put them on 'pellets' because they 'look good' and feed them quorn, and wants to upgrade to a 6ft, these beardies have the beginnings of mbd, they are not alert (although since i added heat and uv are looking better asoon as i did) atleast tel the truth if you would like hel and advice on this website.
When i was there the beardie the op owns is not passing properly, it is basicly liquid poo.

i have since then shown redcherry to give the beardies uv everyday for half an hour twice a day and changed it so the temps are acceptable. The temp set up will arrive this week, until a 4ft becomes avalible.

So please, if you want advice be honest, this website is for advce and help, this can only be given if honest about the problem.

have i miss read this????
you recommend half an our uv twice a day????

#13 ·
also would like to add, uv is from the garden until this buld arrives for them
The op was offered help but wouldnt accpet any advice given.
I am also more than happy to take hers if she feels she cannot provide proper care for it, redcherry is now informed and supplying everything they need, so would like to ask that everyone remember this.

#14 ·
sorry, typo, i am walking to work lol
Iv advised atleast half an hour twice a day uv untill bulb arrives (my vets instructions) these are minimum ofcourse, only due to the fact there is no uv what so ever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.