Reptile Forums banner

Feeding Cresties

629 views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Darwin 
#1 ·
Hi ok i dont realy no a lot about Cresties just learning as leos is my thing but i have a crestie as most of u no i am feeding him a camodo Mix atm some nites and a Zoo Med looks like fruit mush other and ifi hes lucky gets some mushed strawberry in with it,also he gets about 3 locasts dusted a nite i duno if i am feeding him too much but he doesnt seem to eat a great deal tbf :/.... i will be buy buying some Is is Cdg or clarks Diet may be same thing from lilly this weekend just wondering were do i get them like tree pots From because atm he has a hamack in his tank but he wont eat from it do his food bowl is in bottom left of Viv on Some Slate Surrended by eco Soil and Moss to keep Humidity up he also has small Water dish i no people say they dont need 1 because they drink off leaves when they get sprayed but hey he has 1 so baslicy were can i order the pots that stick to Sides and will they Stick to Wooden vivs or only Glass cheers Jonny : victory:

#2 ·
hmm... anyway water pots are fine as. I use them in my tanks if im going away for a weekend and they wont get a spray for an evening. They do use them.

If you dont think its eating all of the CGD, dont put as much in as u'l only be wasting it. (say if you put in a tablespoons worth... just put in half a tablespoon etc) but... how old is the gecko and how much are you feeding it.
Is it each night? every other? etc etc

as for the pots and ledges, i buy all mine from here

Magnaturals: Food and Water

they may work on wood, but i would imagine they it would have to be pretty thin wood. I would asume you had a glass or plastic tank tho?

#3 ·
well i am just treating it like a leo tbf :/ feeding him on nite time he get his little Milk Cap lid full of it and 3 lacasts a nite he is a tiger dalmation and weighs hmm 31 gram gone up a gram since weekend + the little bugger doesnt want to go back in his viv now :lol2:

#16 ·
I think you have hit the nail on the head...cresties are not half as greedy as leos can be and they dont eat massive amounts...yours may still be settling in too.

Reactions: HnR Exotics
#5 ·
:lol2: I didnt no ill give him 1 a nite then lmaoo and btw your website is fantastic and i realy like the blonde x Halloween is it and the other website u give me i think i might have to invest in maybe 4 of them bundles there are realy just a bit good :)

#6 ·
Yeah ive just seen the bundles myself. Def a good deal and i need a couple more.
Thanks for the compliment :) its got a long way to be finished yet, very much a WIP but i'll get there. Still trying to get hold of a few pics to finish what i want to do.
The Blonde and Halloween's hatchlings have hatched in the last 24 hours, so will have some decent pics of them all up soon enough

#9 ·
I would reduce the livefood to maybe once or twice a week max? Mine dont often get livefood. It is important he eats mainly the cgd to get the correct nutrition. You can replace the cgd every couple of days. Also dust livefood in pure calcium, rather than a multi-vit.

#10 ·
I'd disagree with this. I feed mine a higher ratio of livefood than this and they're not lacking nutrients at all, infact they grow so much faster....
It's up to the owner the ratio of CGD and livefood they feed, as long as they're appropriately dusted they'll be fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.