Reptile Forums banner

I Need Egg Help

468 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SleepyD 
#1 ·
Hi,

So basically i am in a bit of a predicament...... the picture below shows two of my eggs and clearly the one on the left is mouldy, infertile (never showed up pink but i incubated anyway just in case) and is smelling so im planning to throw it as im 99.9% sure that is isnt going to hatch as it still has a while to go. Would people say i am making the right decision?

Now since i plan to throw it (and im sure everyone will agree that is the right decision but thought i would get opinions just in case) how do i get rid of it since the egg on the right is 110% fertile ( you can see how pink it is in the pic) so i dont want to risk losing this one. The way i see it there are two options

1, do i remove the mouldy egg and as much as the surrounding vermiculite as possible so that i dont disturb the other egg at all. but then there is a risk the mould may have spread through the vermiculite and could attack the other egg?

OR

2, do i set up another tub, leave it in the incubator to get up to temperature and then move the good egg onto fresh vermiculite so that there is no risk of mould infection. Downside i can see to this is that it may harm the egg if i move it from the environment?

What do i do? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
U wouldnt throw it just incase theres a baby in there but if you are 100% sure there isnt a baby on the left and is yellow inside then i would throw it away. Have you tried spagnum moss. I use that aswell as vermiculate.

#4 ·
personally I'd move the good egg into a fresh clean container with clean medium.. it won't hurt the egg providing you don't drop or roll it ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.