crested gecko temp - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 13-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ.James View Post
If you got 32C on busking spot what the temp on cool end?
-10 it shuts them down and they live longer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by STReptiles View Post
Get off your horse!

Its the same old regurgitated text because that regurgitated text is the result of years of keeping and breeding. Going against what everyone else does is going to get results?

Its not that mystical...its 28C because keepers have found that at around that temp crested geckos are more comfortable and more productive, they feed better and breed better. Do yours breed at 32C? I'd imagine not and if so then probably not as readily as a crested gecko kept cooler. In the wild they spend most their time in low forest and bushes out of sunlight...where it is cooler, on the forest floor area.
Feeding and breeding are probably the two most natural instincts built into any animal. They'll do these things whatever and they're not really a sign of optimal conditions.

And you're still not understanding. They're not kept at 32C. I'm not arguing a constant temperature of 32C is too hot. It is. But don't tell me 32C under any circumstance is too hot and I should go do some research!

As I said my animals behaviour of basking for long periods of time suggests it wants even hotter temperatures.
Chris18 likes this.
Old 13-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
LOL i never said they dont need a gradient
I'm not saying you did say that.
I was just stating facts around the fact they need a thermal gradient which you were saying he was doing wrong and correcting your information, you're only picking on that fact because it's the only bit you can defend and fight back about... I'm not getting into this debate because it's getting petty and names are coming into it. Go do the research I mentioned and you'll see what I mean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antcherry88 View Post
Feeding and breeding are probably the two most natural instincts built into any animal. They'll do these things whatever and they're not really a sign of optimal conditions.

And you're still not understanding. They're not kept at 32C. I'm not arguing a constant temperature of 32C is too hot. It is. But don't tell me 32C under any circumstance is too hot and I should go do some research!

As I said my animals behaviour of basking for long periods of time suggests it wants even hotter temperatures.
Well if it "wants hotter" then why not put it hotter?? because you know its too hot?
Old 13-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Super Regular

Quote:

You say an animal will always feed and breed and aren't a sign of optimal conditions? I'm sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree on that, of course stressed animals in unfavourable conditions will not feed well nor breed
STReptiles and bash_on_recce like this.
1.0.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python
Old 13-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Premier Member

Quote:

I have to bow my head to you, well done for doing appropriate, up to date research. I haven't seen a thing wrong with what you've posted.
antcherry88 likes this.
Old 13-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris18 View Post
I'm not saying you did say that.
I was just stating facts around the fact they need a thermal gradient which you were saying he was doing wrong and correcting your information, you're only picking on that fact because it's the only bit you can defend and fight back about... I'm not getting into this debate because it's getting petty and names are coming into it. Go do the research I mentioned and you'll see what I mean
Ive been keeping them over 6 years years on and off buddy..
Old 13-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Like i said if your happy, carry on, dont get all "im crestie god" about it!

I know whats good for mine thats all i need to worry about.
Im answering your question and discussing. Just what forums are for

Not playing "crestie god"

Have you actually experimented what's good for your cresties or are you just following others? You shouldn't dismiss what other people do. Maybe if you tried upping your temps and providing a gradient they'd breed even better??
Premier Member

Quote:
Ive been keeping them over 6 years years on and off buddy..
As my friend would say... And what?
Super Citizen

Quote:
-10 it shuts them down and they live longer...
I don’t think I will fit freezer in my viv. But seriously …