Reptile Forums banner

bearded or kenyan pygmy chameleon?

861 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bradley 
#1 ·
hi ive recently bought a kenyan pygmy cham for neil (junglebugs.co.uk) but he has a little beard so im starting to think he is a bearded pygmy ehat do you think? I am hoping to breed later this year so i dont want to get the wrong species.
thanks

#3 ·
Kenyan pygmies (R.Kerstenii) also have the little beards like bearded pygmy chams (R.Brevicaudatus), but the Kenyans have longer tails than the bearded chams. I breed Kenyans, ive got a few photos of mine on my profile. I just got another batch of eggs from my female today, the biggest batch so far - 13 eggs!.

#5 ·
I have recently seen a thread on the us chameleon forums stating that all bought from the above source are brevs and that they are not kenyans. I know Neil breeds lots of these and knows his species but they seem to identify any picture of kenyans from this source as brevs. Cant seem to find the thread but if I do I will post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.