My baby beardie is sick - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 24-08-2006, 07:06 AM
Default My baby beardie is sick

She is so slow and lathargic and hasnt eaten any crix in 4 days,but has has a little cress and cucumber. She has mucas coming out of her nose and her throat is really puffy. She keeps opening her mouth and last night bubbles where coming out. I dont have a vet who will see reptiles locally and dont drive so what can i do for her?

She wasnt kept in great conditions before i had her as some of you will know from previous posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Forum Citizen

Sounds like respitory problems. Get to a vet.....if not a recognised herp vet the best one you can find. They will have a listen to her lungs at least. Prob time for a wee course of Baytril!
Old 24-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via MSN to mutt Send a message via Yahoo to mutt

well apart from a rapid trip to the vets, there is the option until you can get your bd into the vets, this can be done for wds as well, apparently, turn the heating up as high as it can get, make sure the bd has plenty of liquids etc and make sure its not too stressed out ie dont go prodding it all the time, but it definitely sounds like a respiratory problem, as my wd had it when she was very young, we did all of the above plus taking it to the vets, antibiotics were given and she pulled through, but for the meantime, whack the heating up..good luck either way and hope he/she pulls through....

Old 24-08-2006, 10:53 AM
Postaholic Member

I think you should have a good phone round and try to get it to a vets ASAP, theres bound to be one in your area even if it means getting a bus/taxi. Im surprised you havent already had the seen to after the first 2 died. Your mums a disgrace breeding reptiles and telling people to use cat litter as a substrate and feed maggots
Old 24-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Premier Citizen
Send a message via MSN to mutt Send a message via Yahoo to mutt

wow someones seriously pissed off with someone here, is there something that everybody should know about mrs buttercup?, and please dont say she said keep reptiles on cat litter......is she on this planet or floating around in a new solar system
Old 24-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Postaholic Member

lol no Im not pissed off just tired. But I still cant get over someone breeding reptiles and telling people its ok to keep them on cat litter, that nice clumping clay cat litter too that sets solid once wet
Old 24-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider
lol no Im not pissed off just tired. But I still cant get over someone breeding reptiles and telling people its ok to keep them on cat litter, that nice clumping clay cat litter too that sets solid once wet
she doesn't does she?
Old 24-08-2006, 09:43 PM

...er...anyway...

Raising the basking temp to as high as possible is the only thing you can do, the extra heat will help ur beardie fight off the respitory infection which is definetely what u have described [theres nothing else with similar syptoms]
Try and go for 120 +
Do whatever u can to achieve this, keep plenty of food available and try and keep the beardie relaxed.