Reptile Forums banner

Multy Vitamins - Nutrobal or Repashy?

4K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  Reptile Stef 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Im looking for an all in one vitamin/calcium supplement..

Can any1 advise if both of these are good?which is better etc.. Nutrobal + Rapashy?

I heard that the best multy vitamins are ones without Vit A like Herptivite

"HERPTIVITE is the first reptile vitamin without Vitamin A. Instead we use Beta Carotene which is an anti-oxidant that is converted into Vitamin A in a regulated way, so there is no threat of Vitamin A toxicity."

Can any1 else shed any late - this is my first dragon and want to get him the best stuff :)

cheers!!

#2 ·
I've used both Repashy and Nutrabol. Repashy is far superior in my opinion - since switching appetites have increased, condition is better and it smells yummy! There is also a lot more research put into this product, unlike Nutrabol which hasn't changed formula in x years; since then UVB has completely changed along with other husbandry aspects so Nutrabol is a bit behind the times. I used Nutrabol for probably a year, in that time (after using it as specified on the pot) one of my geckos started to develop MBD - I don't trust it!

As far as I'm aware, people are unaware what form of vitamin A reptiles can use which is why vitamin A and beta carotene are often both found in supplements (well they are in Repashy anyway). You shouldn't experience toxicity if you use the supplement perhaps a couple of times a week, alongside a wide variety of veg to account for different vitamins and minerals.

#4 ·
It was a gecko so relied on oral supplementation rather than UVB.

Repashy does contain calcium, however I still supply a source of calcium if they need to self-supplement. It's down to personal preference I think.

#6 ·
From what i can gather this is another debated subject, as I'm looking to get a beardie soon im unsure which to use. i was decided on rep-cal but not 100% now!

#11 ·
Sorry Rita, but you shouldnt add anything to the Repashy calcium plus. Thats the beauty of it, the calcium, D3 etc is all in perfect balance. Adding extra calcium tips that balane in the wrong direction. We also leave a dish of pure calcium but thats more out of habit. It certainly isnt used.as much as with other supplementation regimes. It is claimed by some that the dish of calcium isnt needed but old habits die hard. It gives them something to kick around their tubs and tanks though....normally 5 minutes after a clean out.

Reactions: stokesy
#10 ·
All our lizards, including the dragon, get Repashy Calcium plus. In my opinion it is by far the best suppliment on the market. There is a lot and I mean a lot of research and development behind the product. I have seen big changes in colour, activity, appetite, shedding and general wellbeing of all our animals since switching to it. Thats with 12 or moredifferent species. Cant recommend the stuff highly enough even though Allen Repashy wont pay me commision.

#19 ·
You have probably just made my mind up on which to go for!!

Is this the one?

Repashy Calcium Plus

To OP didnt mean to hi-jack your thread just im after the same info aswell hope thats ok :)

#12 ·
Ok bril, think I will go for repashy.
So all I need is this, no need for calcium etc
How often do u dust?he isnt eating much live at the moment, maybe 2 locusts every 2-3 days

I could always put on the greens though!

I saw herptivite is also very good but does this need u to use calcium dust aswell?
Any1 use herptivite?

#13 ·
Dust all your live with the calcium plus. I believe there is another Repashy product for sprinkling on the veggies. Our dragon rarely eats veg so I havent bothered with anything to sprinkle on the greens. He was even more reluctant to touch his veg when we have tried adding supplements to it in the past. We use as fresh as we possibly can for greens so they should be full of natural goodness. The calcium plus on his livefood and arcadia T5 lighting means he gets pleanty of vits and minerals.

#16 ·
The calcium plus contains all the vitamins you will need including vit A and D3 and other vit D breakdowns. However even with the T5 lighting you wont overdose on D3. Im posting via phone so cant pull up old posts etc. However if you do a search through my old posts there is an in depth paper and an explanation by Allen Repashy himself explaining how the D3 content is perfectly s
afe even with the most efficient lighting source of D3.

#18 ·
Its all explained in the paper I mentioned. When I get access to a como I will try and find it and send you a copy. You could always visit the Repashy forum and leave questions for Allen in the supplementation section. Hes a great guy and hes always willing to help people out and answer questions about his products or reptile nutrition in general.

#22 ·
Repashy super load is good the only thing with it is that my locust don't touch it only the crickets. I feed locust & crickets apples oranges spring greens romaine lettuce and oats.

Hope this helps

#23 ·
ok cool - i did wonder that as my locusts dont eat much either

i will just feed them greens and try to keep them warmer then...

im new to dusting and dont like touching the locusts, how do you guys do this?

i have just bought a large cricket keeper so will try and use that..

i understand they go into the black tubes so shall i just dust them in that

Also - how do you get your locusts from the pot into the keeper without them hopping out...
any tips on thsi is appreciated

im a wimp with insects lol

#26 ·
We keep our locusts in a mesh popup stick insect cage. Around 12 quid off ebay. They last longer which I think is down to the good ventilation. I doubt they will do well in a cricket keeper or use the plastic tube.
Its simply a case of stick your hand in, grab one, snip its barbed jumping legs off, pop it in a tall platic glass with dusting powder, shake and tip into the leos tank. Be brave, they are nothing to be afraid of or squeamish about.

#27 ·
We have repashy coming today, we used nutrobal but after reccomendations we've decided to give repashy a try, will let you know how it goes =D Hoping it'll finaalllyy get our Leo to eat something! This weather is playing havoc with his eating. Got dubia's, locust, calci worms and mealworms coming though so he's in for a good meal tonight :D

-Luke

#30 ·
yeah my beardie wont eat either..

he eats the odd locust every 2-3 days but not like normal and wont hunt, only if it sits next to him..
he eats a few greens when i put him on the basking spot - he stays there for half hour and then grabs some greens but he wont go and bask on his own...

strange..

#28 ·
I just bought one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.