Reptile Forums banner

uvb lights for beared dragon

Tags
lizards
315 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mick1 
#1 ·
i have uv lights for my beared dragon but im wanting to know if you can get the uv lights for my beared dragon as led type lights or have led uv lights been tried in dragon cages cheers in advance for any info

#2 ·
The short answer is no.

The longer answer is that while LED lighting has come a very long way and is getting really impressive, generally its not yet cost feasible to develop the technology you are talking about yet. There are some really high end LED lights that are producing UV, though the specific usable wavelengths may not be ideal still. However, we are literally talking thousands of dollars for this technology right now. Im hoping in the next decade that they technology continues to progress and that the price comes down. It would be great to just stick in a panel of LEDs and get the same result, but we arent quite there yet.

Unless you happen to be a millionaire and want to fund some specific reptile style LED lights. :2thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.