bulk calcium and vit/mineral instead of repashy - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 19-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterone View Post
I like the pepper/salt shaker thing but Repashy is best kept in a sealed container in the fridge. Do you put some in the shaker at the time of dusting and then put what isn't used back into the container?
I cover it with cling film in the fridge

Artisan Reptiles - Facebook
-------------------------------------------
Lover & keeper of Boa Constrictor - Morphs/Commons/Dwarfs/BCI/BCC/BCA
plus
various Day, Satanic Leaftailed, Leachianus, other Gecko species
&
Western Hognose among other beautiful creatures!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
I cover it with cling film in the fridge
Fair do's might see if I've got a spare one knocking about. I used to use one of them TINY spoons you get with Exo Terra Vits but I lost it

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 19-08-2013, 12:36 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Exotics View Post
We can supply 64oz bags (1.8kg) for £59.99 delivered in a couple of weeks time (shipment is currently on the Atlantic somewhere!). Potentially, 1.8 kg could last absolutely ages depending on your collection size.

We have commercial customers with enormous collections such as Ray Hine Reptiles that use Calcium Plus exclusively.

Cheers
Nick

Repashy : Repashy Super Foods
Hi Nick, already ordering the 16oz bag from you on eBay!!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Grinning Gecko

We use quite a lot of Repashy Calcium plus. Not on the scale of Ray Hines etc but were feeding close to 200 geckos per day at the moment. In our opinion its by far the best product on the market. Cost wise its quite economical but cost aside, the positive results in regards to health, appetite, activity, colour and egg production etc etc makes it worth every penny. We had been unhappy with the various supplement regimes we have tried over the years but since making the switch we have total confidence in Repashy Calcium plus. The resultant effect on this yrars hatchlings can be seen in the picture section. This seasons hatchlings are the most robust and vibrant we have produced in the years we have been breeding.

Grinning Gecko & Smirks
Inspected & Licenced Gecko Breeders

Please visit GrinningGeckoUK.com to find out more about our new partnership,new ventures and the species we are working with.
Old 19-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Hatchling

That sounds good Mal, especially with talk of comparison to previous products etc, how much repashy *approx would you say you use maybe per month feeding 200 geckos?
Old 19-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Grinning Gecko

I doubt Im using more than 16 oz a month when were at our peak with hatchlings. You dont need masses of powder on the feeder insect. Just a pinch goes a long way. Too much supplement is as bad as too little. I dont have the figures to hand but I did get the exact amounts per weight of feeder from Allen Repashy , its tiny amounts. You only need a very fine dusting. Anything more soon gets brushed off the insect. Get a pack and try it, you will soon get an idea of how much or how little you need. Remember it does degrade once the pack is open. We put some of the pouch in a tub and keep the remainder in the fridge. I prefer to get it on regular basis rather than a bulk buy and risk it loosing quality and effectiveness.

Grinning Gecko & Smirks
Inspected & Licenced Gecko Breeders

Please visit GrinningGeckoUK.com to find out more about our new partnership,new ventures and the species we are working with.
Old 19-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhopper View Post
Hi Nick, already ordering the 16oz bag from you on eBay!!
Thanks!
I think it's cheaper to order it straight from Lilly Exotics?
Old 19-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebb View Post
I think it's cheaper to order it straight from Lilly Exotics?
By 99p, I assume for eBay costs. But some people feel more secure with an eBay purchase? At least I do in some cases.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 19-08-2013, 03:02 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
By 99p, I assume for eBay costs. But some people feel more secure with an eBay purchase? At least I do in some cases.
I understand that but in this case, it's the same people and they take paypal on Lilly Exotics too so why not save 99p.

(thanks for checking the saving, I was being lazy)
Old 19-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
I'd avoid this, any left over supplement after dusting should be binned to avoid cross contamination. Just slowly gauge it until you're not wasting any. The amount I use is similar to that of a garden pea, and I still get wastage.
I don't mean I return the leftovers to the bag, I just leave it in the tub for the next feeders, but yeah I can see that that is not the best, so will try can reduce the amount I shake out of the bag.

Tags
calcium , minerals , osteo form sa , vionate , vitamins