Leopard gecko Enrichment/Shelving and Platforms - "HOW TO" thread - Page 36 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Lizards

Old 12-01-2015, 11:18 PM
Super Regular

Brilliant post thanks very much.
retrobangs likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Ultra Citizen

that's ok - hope it helps

Like the page: Retro Gecko

Old 20-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Ultra Citizen

If any of you ever fancy it share your vivarium pics to my facebook page as part of my vivarium day 2015. Each year I share as many vivariums (which you will be credited in the pic) to give people ideas, inspiration and encourage stimulation in reptile environments. www.facebook.com/retrogeck - or tell me on here I can share and I will credit your name from the forum. Although my page is called retro gecko I welcome all reptiles. The name is to show others that leopard geckos are my only true area of knowledge as they are the only reptiles I currently own. I have lots of friends in the hobby and we all come together on our groups to provide eclectic info and advice where possible

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Ultra Citizen

It's 2015 and Vivarium Day is upon us again. Vivarium day is about sharing vivariums or even rubs/racks that have been designed to create a stimulating environment for your reptiles. Whether you have added plants, levels, made themes, clay/dough hides or are extremely creative designing entire vivariums and interior.

The aim of Vivarium day is to show everyone how much care and love we put in to our reptiles. To encourage fellow herpers to be creative and provide stimulation for their reptiles.

This year I'd like to get as many people involved as possible!! My page may concentrate on leopard geckos - this is purely due to my knowledge falling in this area. I would not want to profess to be an expert with leos, I simply know a lot more about them (with owning four), than I do with various other reptiles. What I always ensure is to utilise fellow herpers and good friends to help advise people, or direct to groups and pages or expertise, especially in areas I have no knowledge.

All photos will be credited to you, your facebook page, forum name or where ever the picture comes from. I only share pictures sent to me or where I have requested the owner's permission.

Send in as many of your pictures as you like, there's no limit.

Vivarium day will be held on Sunday 15th February - giving everyone four weeks to get snapping and sending in.

www.facebook.com/retrogeck
Artisan likes this.

Old 21-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Postaholic Member

Damn it. .... been so busy today that I forgot to take pics in daylight grrrrrrr, will get them to you tomorrow hun
retrobangs likes this.

Artisan Reptiles - Facebook
-------------------------------------------
Lover & keeper of Boa Constrictor - Morphs/Commons/Dwarfs/BCI/BCC/BCA
plus
various Day, Satanic Leaftailed, Leachianus, other Gecko species
&
Western Hognose among other beautiful creatures!
Old 23-01-2015, 03:24 PM
Super Regular

Just a quick question....Where do you get the "log ladders" from?
Old 24-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Ultra Citizen

You can get them from swell reptiles, ebay or amazon they're call playstix - they come in small med and large. Large is too big. Small are the ladders u can see. Med are more hide sized

Old 24-01-2015, 09:19 PM
Super Regular

Brilliant thanks very much I shall look for some.
retrobangs likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Hatchling

Such a good thread, starting on my new viv today, shall post some progress pics!!

Quick question though, if you want something to look sandy but don't want to use sand, whats the best way to go? Im thinking some sort of glue an just pour sand over the top and get rid of the excess?
retrobangs likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoogieWoogford View Post
Such a good thread, starting on my new viv today, shall post some progress pics!!

Quick question though, if you want something to look sandy but don't want to use sand, whats the best way to go? Im thinking some sort of glue an just pour sand over the top and get rid of the excess?
You can get sand mats/carpets - here is a link although you may want to check you can't get them cheaper anywhere else.

Or you can go for the brown reptile carpet which is actually sand coloured and not brown how most people think about it

Closed Thread