Dubia Roaches! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 25-05-2020, 09:21 PM
Egg
Default Dubia Roaches!

Hey everyone! I'm new here and I've never joined a forum, so here goes! I'm getting my first beardie on Friday and I think I would like to feed him/her on Dubia's! But I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites to order online? Also the beardie will be 3 months old so what size of roaches would anyone recommend? Thanks for any help! 🦎
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-05-2020, 11:54 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy91 View Post
Hey everyone! I'm new here and I've never joined a forum, so here goes! I'm getting my first beardie on Friday and I think I would like to feed him/her on Dubia's! But I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites to order online? Also the beardie will be 3 months old so what size of roaches would anyone recommend? Thanks for any help! 🦎
I would try him on a few first, because not all lizards will bother with them. Some will eat one & never touch them again, & few will bother to dig them up once they burrow. For a 3 month old beardie I'd try roaches of around fingernail size. If he turns out not to like them, try red runner roaches instead.
Old 28-05-2020, 02:00 AM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy91 View Post
It will be on smalls or mediums at that age.
I bred dubias and other roaches.
I could do you a mix of different size and types of smaller roaches if you want to see which he / she prefers.

Drop me a message if you want a list.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2020, 04:48 PM
Egg

Thanks for the help, ive been giving him small crickets, locusts and calci worms, I think he prefers the crunch but he eats a few worms each feed too. 🐛