what to put in my terrarium please help - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 08-11-2020, 07:52 PM
Egg
Default what to put in my terrarium please help

I've just bought a used exo-terra 60x45x60 terrarium off ebay and I would like some help as to what to put in it.

I've been considering getting my first lizard or frog for a while and ended up drunk buying this seemingly huge terrarium with a canopy and heat mat and a couple of decor bits(£60!). i was previously thinking about a chubby frog but this seems too big for them. Then some mossy frogs but they expensive and hard to find. Ive also been considering a blue tongue skink or bearded dragon but this is too small.

Please let me have any suggestions for some lizard or amphibian that will be entertaining and engaging. I don't want a snake or anything i have to feed pinkies to

Many thanks

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2020, 08:56 PM
Egg

Hey Robert!

Have you ever thought about a leopard gecko or a fat tailed african gecko? They are amazing beginner reptiles, easy to take care of, of course you need to do TONS of research and set up the tank properly before getting one. They’re also very calm animals, like to explore and do not bite at all.

Or perhaps a tortoise of some kind?
Old 18-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyGecko View Post
Hey Robert!

Have you ever thought about a leopard gecko or a fat tailed african gecko? They are amazing beginner reptiles, easy to take care of, of course you need to do TONS of research and set up the tank properly before getting one. They’re also very calm animals, like to explore and do not bite at all.

Or perhaps a tortoise of some kind?
No tortoise will fit in that viv.

This is such an irresponsible thing to do. Buy a viv while drunk then ask what to put in it????
How about choose an animal you really want, then get the right housing.
elishacoombes9 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-11-2020, 10:59 PM
Egg

Thanks Sleepy, I have thought about so many things, it's difficult to decide. Can you keep more than one gecko? I figure this is quite a large viv and I was thinking of a little colony of something. Maybe some arboreal geckos since it is high.

And how is getting a good deal on a viv then asking advice from people who might know irresponsible Ian? I'm doing loads of research and am somewhat indecisive, but will create a very exciting and appropriate environment for which ever of the many exciting reptiles and amphibians I choose. You big meany.
Old 24-11-2020, 08:10 PM
Super Regular
Send a message via Yahoo to rossiriley

it is far more irresponsible to buy a reptile then buy a viv cut the lad some slack.For a viv like that you cant go wrong with a crested gecko