reptile shops in hampshire - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 28-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Ultra Citizen

South Coast Exotics is probably one of the best reptile shops in the country. easily the best ive visited in Hampshire. havent been to Grange Reptiles yet, thats on my list to visit.
Advertisement

Old 28-06-2009, 08:27 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via MSN to sammy1969 Send a message via Yahoo to sammy1969

Southampton Reptile Centre in Merryoak Soton is very good run by two nice blokes who are always willing to help if they can but this is only a very small shop nand hasnt been open very long.Their stock is very good though and prices are very good.
Grange is also very good in Botley as previously stated and so is emsworth pet and aquatic. there is also Porton Reptile near Salisbury who have a nice range and reasonable prices. And lastly South Coast as already stated are very good as well.
1.1.0 dogs(mysty and storm)
0.1.0 german giant beardie(Zeus)
0.1.0 bearded dragons (Faith)
0.1.0 Bosc monitor (Hercule
1 tank of tropical fish
1.0.0 Bushy tailed Jirds (Fuzzbutt)

0.7.0 Fancyrats (Blaze,Nibbler,Cleo Patchra)

XTEAM DITTAX/
Old 29-06-2009, 08:38 AM
Ultra Citizen

If you can get towards Bournemouth, there is Reptiles Plus (with a new store opening in Poole in the next few weeks also). Got some great deals on various retics at the moment...
Available soon CB 2015 - Salamandra.s.terrestris, Triturus marmoratus, Triturus.a.apuanus and nominate alpestris, plus plenty of Axolotls (leucistic, wild type, golden albino, albino and melanoid). Plenty more species of amphibian available summer 2015 - tropical, sub tropical, and also many temperate species suitable for secure outdoor vivaria.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Ultra Citizen

i went to Grange Reptiles yesterday. not as well setup as South Coast Exotics, but a really nice selection of reptiles. all of them looked very healthy and were in nicely setup suitably sized enclosures (which sounds simple, but so many places dont even meet the basic requirements!). its a tough call to say which is better of the 2 shops, if you live near to either then youre very lucky! where i am in Basingstoke we have nothing within 20 mins drive that even passes as a proper reptile shop.

ive been to Emsworth and Porton as well. Porton has a pretty good range of reptiles, but sometimes they are in very unsuitable enclosures. 2 sub-adult CWD's were in what must have been 2x1x1 enclosures (1 in each) which is totally unsuitable, they were easily 18"+ in length. maybe they were in there temporarily though, so i dont make my judgements on what i saw on a 5 minute visit. Emsworth was packed with reptiles, but they were scattered around all over the place and some of the enclosures werent perfect. the staff didnt seem that knowledgeable, but again, its unfair for me to judge based on one busy weekend day. if i lived in that part of Hampshire though then it would be a no brainer between South Coast Exotics and Emsworth Reptiles. South Coast EVERY time.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to eco_tonto

[QUOTE=Jim2109;4226704]i went to Grange Reptiles yesterday. not as well setup as South Coast Exotics,

we are having an extention built so we are waiting till then to upgrade are whole set up
Old 05-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex M View Post
If you can get towards Bournemouth, there is Reptiles Plus (with a new store opening in Poole in the next few weeks also). Got some great deals on various retics at the moment...
Reptiles plus is opening in Poole ? Whereabouts please ? Thanks.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionfish View Post
Reptiles plus is opening in Poole ? Whereabouts please ? Thanks.
On the road between The George Pub/Dolphin Centre and Fleetsbridge roundabout. Should be open end of August, but will let you know when we have an exact date . We're incredibly busy at the moment and what with Hamm etc coming up, it's taking a little longer to finalise...Not long now though!
Available soon CB 2015 - Salamandra.s.terrestris, Triturus marmoratus, Triturus.a.apuanus and nominate alpestris, plus plenty of Axolotls (leucistic, wild type, golden albino, albino and melanoid). Plenty more species of amphibian available summer 2015 - tropical, sub tropical, and also many temperate species suitable for secure outdoor vivaria.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Ultra Citizen

The grange in botly is by far the best reptile shop eva..there is a reptile evening every month,come dwn..the next 1 is on 25th august! x