introducing new leopard gecko??? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 19-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Default introducing new leopard gecko???

Hi, i have one leopard gecko at the moment she has been with me for about 3 months and she is about 7 months old at the moment, was just wondering if i could introduce another gecko into the viv, she was with another gecko in the shop and seemed fine, would this be a good or bad idea, any info would be great, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Premier Member

if you buy another female would advise keeping her seperate in quarentine for about three months and getting fecals done to make sure she's ok before trying to put her with your current female
When putting them together have found it's best to clean out the viv and place things differently so that they can meet on new ground ~ it's worth noting that not all females get on so you'll have to keep an eye open for any signs of bullying

Leopard Gecko and AFT Information, Care sheets, Health, Behaviour and much, much more.

*I'm a short, plump, grey-haired Grandmother ..... NOT a fella*
Understanding Leopard Gecko Behaviour
Research and read before you buy and breed!

Old 19-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyD View Post
if you buy another female would advise keeping her seperate in quarentine for about three months and getting fecals done to make sure she's ok before trying to put her with your current female
When putting them together have found it's best to clean out the viv and place things differently so that they can meet on new ground ~ it's worth noting that not all females get on so you'll have to keep an eye open for any signs of bullying

As above. Also, make sure that the leos are of approximately the same size / weight when introducing them, as this will reduce any potential risk of bullying (though it still won't eliminate the possibility entirely).

Website for all things geckoey