Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 21-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Super Regular

beardie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Super Citizen

Why not go for a black & white tegu!! Look great can become dog tame and can even go for walks in the garden. I know a lot of ppl have and love bearded dragons and are also very tame but why not be a bit different . We wouldnt swap our tegu for the world.
Old 21-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular

bearded dragon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular

Oh wow! So many replies, and so many different suggestions. Many thanks for them all!

Sorry to be a pain, but can you tell me if any of them actually get to know you , and come to say 'hello',when they see you. Even know some funny tricks? And yes, I know, they are not dogs,haha.

And that walk in teh garden would be important, so I am looking for a lizard that won't get easily ill, what with all the new things and bacterias in the garden..??

Looking forward to you replies again, as I still can't make up my mind... Thanks
Old 22-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Ultra Citizen

yeah i dunno if a beardie would be the best because alright theyre easy to keep but evvvvvrrryyyone has them ! go for something different i say

Old 22-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Super Citizen

Bearded Dragon, all day long!!!!
Old 22-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomoo View Post
Oh wow! So many replies, and so many different suggestions. Many thanks for them all!

Sorry to be a pain, but can you tell me if any of them actually get to know you , and come to say 'hello',when they see you. Even know some funny tricks? And yes, I know, they are not dogs,haha.

And that walk in teh garden would be important, so I am looking for a lizard that won't get easily ill, what with all the new things and bacterias in the garden..??

Looking forward to you replies again, as I still can't make up my mind... Thanks
You mentioned you wanted a monitor. Ackies (ridge tailed monitors) grow to 24 inches long (max) and only require 4 ft of viv length, 3 at a push.

No lizard is affectionate in the same way as dogs are. At best, they tolerate handling and seem to enjoy it, but they don't need to 'snuggle' like dogs, they'll come to you for warmth, because you are something to climb, and because they trust you as the one who gives them food.

But as much as you can say any lizard is 'affectionate', our Ackie is as 'friendly' as you can get. He seems to love being handled, he's very relaxed indeed, and will never bite. He's thoroughly active, always bounding around his viv and it's great to watch him chase crickets.

I'm not that into Beardies, but they are a good option, if you like that sort of thing. Ackies are more unique imho.
0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Perdy
1.0.0 Crested Gecko - Gaudi
0.1.0 - Retired Greyhound - Chrissie
Old 22-06-2009, 06:05 PM

Hi there any 1 with a female bearded dragon within 25 miles of sunderland pm me thankss
Old 23-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular

Thank you so much! I wen tto see and got to handle some wonderful lizards. And have decided on either a beardie or an ackie ( ridge tailed monitor)...Tough choice!
Old 24-06-2009, 06:27 PM

Beardie!!