Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Newbie Advice (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/)
-   -   Doncaster show .. what did ya think ?? (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/330308-doncaster-show-what-did-ya.html)

JOHN 21 28-06-2009 08:07 PM

me and my parnter and mate went i nearly spent loads there lol

i must say i had a good chat with gecko mania that cham guy too he was very helpfull ,and my mate john was there with his snakes said hi to him to and a few others there very nice people, i got a new viv didnt need 1 but well i seen the price i had it lol i got it off a nice chap just on the right had side as u go into the show, a nice t-shirt IHS also got loads of plants,hides ,i big bag of bark just the main things really i was looking for a female adult gecko lizzard but most were babys or just growing on i think i missed out as i got there at 12pm and left at 3pm must say them hotdogs mmmmmmmmm well worth the £2.50 lol

must say as that was my first reptile show with my partner we loved it bloody great and i will be going to more if there localish

cheers john
:no1:

bignick 28-06-2009 08:13 PM

whens the show in sep as i really want to go to that as i didnt have any money to go today

Millie 28-06-2009 08:51 PM

This was my first time at a show and i thought it was great. I didnt buy anything but that took alot of restraint, I so wanted one of the cresties from captive bred but having just purchased a crestie from on here i knew i had to resist. I will definately be going in september, and hopefully going to the kidderminster show to.

Tarn~Totty 28-06-2009 09:09 PM

Loved it!! Great first time show experience...will deffo go again.

Met GothGirl : victory: Got some rubs...then even more rubs, and a 100% het clown male royal from a really nice seller :2thumb:

Couldnt spend as much as I wanted...lack of funds :lol2:

It was the first time I'd seen (in the flesh) many of the reptiles there...that was the best bit for me.

(Note to God, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy or whoever is listening - please let me win the lottery before the September show :thumb:)

linda.t 28-06-2009 09:18 PM

i got a painted bullfrog an exo terra plus some bits and bobs.

boabloketony 28-06-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda.t (Post 4202816)
i got a painted bullfrog an exo terra plus some bits and bobs.

Was great seeing you again Linda, your bullfrog was gorgeous, I was considering buying a horned but they were £40 and unfortunately that was £40 more than I'd got :lol2:

linda.t 28-06-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boabloketony (Post 4202933)
Was great seeing you again Linda, your bullfrog was gorgeous, I was considering buying a horned but they were £40 and unfortunately that was £40 more than I'd got :lol2:

lovely to see u both as well,i didn't see any horned frogs but it was hard to get to some of the tables,
but never mind there's always the next show:lol2:

chris25 28-06-2009 10:12 PM

we got there for 11 and it was manic..had a stumble round,went the bar had few beers and went round again...reckon julie giot the bug as we got her 3 royals!...one a 100% het clown,1 reduced and a normal....for us bargain of the day..viv locks £2.50 and nicest snakes of the day...some royal morphs(cant remember breeder but he had a couple of beautiful white/pinky coloured ones

but did toy with the idea of a maddie ground boa..£150,a steal....but my pockets not deep enough today :cry:

superjacko 28-06-2009 10:27 PM

hmmm so how much were these beautiful royal morphs people keeps mentioning :mf_dribble:i mite have to jump on the ferry and come for septembers show i think :whistling2:

Ferret1959 28-06-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tplatts98 (Post 4201708)
i went hoping to get some tarantulas but there were only a couple of Mexican red knees:devil::bash: so i got a male leo instead:2thumb:

so i think i may go to the September one as well now: victory:

most of the people there were selling the reps far too young

I wouldn't say most but there were a few selling corns that had only taken one feed and must have only been a couple of weeks old at the most.

Be a shame if some one forked out hard earned or save cash and they bought a bad or non feeder. :(