Doncaster show .. what did ya think ?? - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 28-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Ultra Citizen

I liked it but it was like a car boot. Could of kicked a few people for cutting me up but thats to be expected Good day out and found a good few bargains!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-2009, 01:11 AM
Hatchling

It was my first show and I think it was pretty good, got a male coral snow motley corn as a boyfriend for my current one, glad I didnt have more money on me as would of ended up spending loads! Must say I was expecting lower prices generally and the crowd was a bit annoying at times, especially the screaming baby that was being ferried around lol.

Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S
0.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Missy)
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko (Derick)
0.1.0 Homo sapiens (Nicole)
Old 29-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Thumbs up doncaster show

i went first show for me great stuff, got me a gorgous female bab'e royal python 30 notes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Super Citizen
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpata View Post
Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S
The nice IHS bloke told me it would probably be like this for the September one....as more breeders have babies ready then, so more tables!!
Old 29-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Premier Citizen
Location: In a world of my own, where only bats and Flipper can understand me!
Reviews: 2

too many morons just standing in the middle of aisles having conversations!!! I spent about 1/2 hour in the show. then a couple of hours in the pool. Only went up to drop two snakes off, pick one up and say "Hi" to a couple of people.

Far too many corns and bloody Leos!!! last September's show had a better selection of stock, looking forward to this Sept
Old 29-06-2009, 10:39 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamperz View Post
Dont everyone bite my head off but I think it could have been better. Dont get me wrong, it was great to see such huge amounts of reps but i thought it was less of a show and more of a car boot for reps.

I was hoping too see more fully grown adult specimins. The vast majority were babies to sell but if you dont know your reps you might not know how big things are gonna get.
Cant help thinking so many people would have come away with a cute baby and not realising how to look after them or appreciate how big they will get.

Still, very much in awe of the amount of reps. I think im just a bit bitter as im so skint and couldnt get anything.

:o)
i agree was a bit "car booty" me and mi mate were saying it was like going to a really big rep shop lol think it would be better with adult specimins and some rare aswell even if just for show and not sale

Old 29-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Super Regular

I really enjoyed it, although from experience the September shows do have alot more choice and more adult specimens available.

I got myself a goldust and a pewter corn and am chuffed to bits with both of them, a really good day out.

Lindyx
Old 29-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Hatchling

it was my first time at doncaster i thought it was ok think there cud hav been more adult or grown on reps there was gutted dint get a blue toungued skink i cant find a baby one any where x
Old 03-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Forum Citizen
Default name..

[quote=sazzjaydee;4201867]yeah really enjoyed it but do have to agree i felt it was more of a car boot sale for reptiles but still very good.

Came home with a Vietnemese Blue Beauty Rat Snake (and yes he has tagged me already but with only being a bairn he didn't draw blood)
fiance came home with 4 horned lizards (horned toads)
bro and his OH came back with a blazing blizzard gecko (white thing hahaha)
and me being the bad influence caused my dad to get a jungle hypo motley corn snake (its lush) not sure on names for everything yet any ideas for the VBB

HOW ABOUT NAPALM!
Old 03-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartdouglas View Post
too many morons just standing in the middle of aisles having conversations!!! I spent about 1/2 hour in the show. then a couple of hours in the pool. Only went up to drop two snakes off, pick one up and say "Hi" to a couple of people.

Far too many corns and bloody Leos!!! last September's show had a better selection of stock, looking forward to this Sept
DITTO DITTO...i thought the sept show last year was far better... hope its as good again in 09!!