Reptile Forums banner

Doncaster show .. what did ya think ??

3K views 48 replies 38 participants last post by  jav07 
#1 ·
I went to the Doncaster show and loved it, at times it was a bit difficult to get to the tables but in the end after some polite nudges we got there.
Well i wore my bat tshirt but no one approached me from this rep forum !
I didnt buy as im short on cash but i could have spent thousands if i had it.
Did anyone grab a bargain ?
Bats

#9 ·
Dont everyone bite my head off but I think it could have been better. Dont get me wrong, it was great to see such huge amounts of reps but i thought it was less of a show and more of a car boot for reps.

I was hoping too see more fully grown adult specimins. The vast majority were babies to sell but if you dont know your reps you might not know how big things are gonna get.
Cant help thinking so many people would have come away with a cute baby and not realising how to look after them or appreciate how big they will get.

Still, very much in awe of the amount of reps. I think im just a bit bitter as im so skint and couldnt get anything.

:eek:)

#11 ·
The guy from Barnsley who was selling chams in the white plastic viv's was bloody brilliant, his care sheet was like a booklet from what i saw and all were in good nick. I got his number for when i get some cash together.
Mmmmmm i was tempted but empty pockets dont buy im afraid.
Bats

P.S No one is going to bite your head off mate were are all entitled opinions, thanks for your comments.

#13 ·
i went hoping to get some tarantulas but there were only a couple of Mexican red knees:devil::bash: so i got a male leo instead:2thumb:

so i think i may go to the September one as well now: victory:

most of the people there were selling the reps far too young

#30 ·
i went hoping to get some tarantulas but there were only a couple of Mexican red knees:devil::bash: so i got a male leo instead:2thumb:

so i think i may go to the September one as well now: victory:

most of the people there were selling the reps far too young
I wouldn't say most but there were a few selling corns that had only taken one feed and must have only been a couple of weeks old at the most.

Be a shame if some one forked out hard earned or save cash and they bought a bad or non feeder. :(

#14 ·
Well i thought it was really good i thought it was going to be bigger but really enjoyed it! All i got was a black gecko necklace and earing set and a glass snake necklace! they are ace =) happy with what i got!

We should of have some way of telling who we are like badges!

#19 ·
I hoping to make it to that one if i can get my grandad or uncle to take me :lol2: so i will watch out for you!

#18 ·
yeah really enjoyed it but do have to agree i felt it was more of a car boot sale for reptiles but still very good.

Came home with a Vietnemese Blue Beauty Rat Snake (and yes he has tagged me already but with only being a bairn he didn't draw blood)
fiance came home with 4 horned lizards (horned toads)
bro and his OH came back with a blazing blizzard gecko (white thing hahaha)
and me being the bad influence caused my dad to get a jungle hypo motley corn snake (its lush) not sure on names for everything yet any ideas for the VBB

Also think we nearly cleared the show out of equipment hahaha

#39 ·
name..

yeah really enjoyed it but do have to agree i felt it was more of a car boot sale for reptiles but still very good.

Came home with a Vietnemese Blue Beauty Rat Snake (and yes he has tagged me already but with only being a bairn he didn't draw blood)
fiance came home with 4 horned lizards (horned toads)
bro and his OH came back with a blazing blizzard gecko (white thing hahaha)
and me being the bad influence caused my dad to get a jungle hypo motley corn snake (its lush) not sure on names for everything yet any ideas for the VBB

HOW ABOUT NAPALM!

#21 ·
me and my parnter and mate went i nearly spent loads there lol

i must say i had a good chat with gecko mania that cham guy too he was very helpfull ,and my mate john was there with his snakes said hi to him to and a few others there very nice people, i got a new viv didnt need 1 but well i seen the price i had it lol i got it off a nice chap just on the right had side as u go into the show, a nice t-shirt IHS also got loads of plants,hides ,i big bag of bark just the main things really i was looking for a female adult gecko lizzard but most were babys or just growing on i think i missed out as i got there at 12pm and left at 3pm must say them hotdogs mmmmmmmmm well worth the £2.50 lol

must say as that was my first reptile show with my partner we loved it bloody great and i will be going to more if there localish

cheers john
:no1:

#23 ·
This was my first time at a show and i thought it was great. I didnt buy anything but that took alot of restraint, I so wanted one of the cresties from captive bred but having just purchased a crestie from on here i knew i had to resist. I will definately be going in september, and hopefully going to the kidderminster show to.

#24 ·
Loved it!! Great first time show experience...will deffo go again.

Met GothGirl : victory: Got some rubs...then even more rubs, and a 100% het clown male royal from a really nice seller :2thumb:

Couldnt spend as much as I wanted...lack of funds :lol2:

It was the first time I'd seen (in the flesh) many of the reptiles there...that was the best bit for me.

(Note to God, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy or whoever is listening - please let me win the lottery before the September show :thumb:)

#28 ·
we got there for 11 and it was manic..had a stumble round,went the bar had few beers and went round again...reckon julie giot the bug as we got her 3 royals!...one a 100% het clown,1 reduced and a normal....for us bargain of the day..viv locks £2.50 and nicest snakes of the day...some royal morphs(cant remember breeder but he had a couple of beautiful white/pinky coloured ones

but did toy with the idea of a maddie ground boa..£150,a steal....but my pockets not deep enough today :cry:

#32 ·
It was my first show and I think it was pretty good, got a male coral snow motley corn as a boyfriend for my current one, glad I didnt have more money on me as would of ended up spending loads! Must say I was expecting lower prices generally and the crowd was a bit annoying at times, especially the screaming baby that was being ferried around lol.

Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S :2thumb:

#34 ·
Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S
The nice IHS bloke told me it would probably be like this for the September one....as more breeders have babies ready then, so more tables!! :2thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.