Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Newbie Advice (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/)
-   -   Doncaster show .. what did ya think ?? (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/330308-doncaster-show-what-did-ya.html)

batman 28-06-2009 05:52 PM

Doncaster show .. what did ya think ??
 
I went to the Doncaster show and loved it, at times it was a bit difficult to get to the tables but in the end after some polite nudges we got there.
Well i wore my bat tshirt but no one approached me from this rep forum !
I didnt buy as im short on cash but i could have spent thousands if i had it.
Did anyone grab a bargain ?
Bats

lil05 28-06-2009 05:57 PM

if i knew who i was looking for id have said hi .. i was walking about in a rest top, denim shorts and black tights :P

i got an albino african fat tail for £40 .. shes tiny compared to my others

viperd 28-06-2009 06:02 PM

i came back wi a leopard gecko, tiny cant wait to see it grow x

lil05 28-06-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viperd (Post 4201336)
i came back wi a leopard gecko, tiny cant wait to see it grow x

same .. this is my baby next to my female adult
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...g?t=1246206430

batman 28-06-2009 06:07 PM

Nice purchases guys...anyone else..come on share your experience and pics !
BATS

hashnak 28-06-2009 06:09 PM

i got a female boa:Na_Na_Na_Na:shes well cute but dint get her first time round my mates got too much of a temper so we went round quite quick then went for food lol and got her after 12 when itd quietened down too busy first thing:devil:

evilangel 28-06-2009 06:12 PM

i didnt get anything went back to show to get a mack snow patty male gecko but the welsh reptile breeders had just packed up gutted:bash:

Bobbich 28-06-2009 06:20 PM

i got a little leo for 20.
That AFT looks very nice!

Shamperz 28-06-2009 06:33 PM

Dont everyone bite my head off but I think it could have been better. Dont get me wrong, it was great to see such huge amounts of reps but i thought it was less of a show and more of a car boot for reps.

I was hoping too see more fully grown adult specimins. The vast majority were babies to sell but if you dont know your reps you might not know how big things are gonna get.
Cant help thinking so many people would have come away with a cute baby and not realising how to look after them or appreciate how big they will get.

Still, very much in awe of the amount of reps. I think im just a bit bitter as im so skint and couldnt get anything.

:o)

DolphinPython 28-06-2009 06:40 PM

I went.. didnt get anything but saw the lovely anacondas AND panther chams they were great!

batman 28-06-2009 06:45 PM

The guy from Barnsley who was selling chams in the white plastic viv's was bloody brilliant, his care sheet was like a booklet from what i saw and all were in good nick. I got his number for when i get some cash together.
Mmmmmm i was tempted but empty pockets dont buy im afraid.
Bats

P.S No one is going to bite your head off mate were are all entitled opinions, thanks for your comments.

michael keeling 28-06-2009 06:58 PM

i went thought it was a good turn out.
i came home with an adult female royal and a het pied female
girlfriend came home with a leo and a baby royal
mike

tplatts98 28-06-2009 07:01 PM

i went hoping to get some tarantulas but there were only a couple of Mexican red knees:devil::bash: so i got a male leo instead:2thumb:

so i think i may go to the September one as well now: victory:

most of the people there were selling the reps far too young

Charlottie 28-06-2009 07:04 PM

Well i thought it was really good i thought it was going to be bigger but really enjoyed it! All i got was a black gecko necklace and earing set and a glass snake necklace! they are ace =) happy with what i got!

We should of have some way of telling who we are like badges!

lil05 28-06-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlottie (Post 4201740)
Well i thought it was really good i thought it was going to be bigger but really enjoyed it! All i got was a black gecko necklace and earing set and a glass snake necklace! they are ace =) happy with what i got!

We should of have some way of telling who we are like badges!

i didi have a top with my name on it last year and met loads of people that way cause everyone would know i was from rfuk .. but was bit geeky having a custom made tshirt :p might have a sticker next time

Charlottie 28-06-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lil05 (Post 4201813)
i didi have a top with my name on it last year and met loads of people that way cause everyone would know i was from rfuk .. but was bit geeky having a custom made tshirt :p might have a sticker next time

:lol2:

Jay-Jay 28-06-2009 07:22 PM

Geeky or not im getting a t-shirt done for the kidderminster show lol

sazzjaydee 28-06-2009 07:22 PM

yeah really enjoyed it but do have to agree i felt it was more of a car boot sale for reptiles but still very good.

Came home with a Vietnemese Blue Beauty Rat Snake (and yes he has tagged me already but with only being a bairn he didn't draw blood)
fiance came home with 4 horned lizards (horned toads)
bro and his OH came back with a blazing blizzard gecko (white thing hahaha)
and me being the bad influence caused my dad to get a jungle hypo motley corn snake (its lush) not sure on names for everything yet any ideas for the VBB

Also think we nearly cleared the show out of equipment hahaha

Charlottie 28-06-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-Jay (Post 4201865)
Geeky or not im getting a t-shirt done for the kidderminster show lol

I hoping to make it to that one if i can get my grandad or uncle to take me :lol2: so i will watch out for you!

ToxicSiren 28-06-2009 08:03 PM

I was there got loads of equiptment, a royal python, a blizzard corn, a chinese water dragon, a berber skink and a yellow anoconda! x

JOHN 21 28-06-2009 08:07 PM

me and my parnter and mate went i nearly spent loads there lol

i must say i had a good chat with gecko mania that cham guy too he was very helpfull ,and my mate john was there with his snakes said hi to him to and a few others there very nice people, i got a new viv didnt need 1 but well i seen the price i had it lol i got it off a nice chap just on the right had side as u go into the show, a nice t-shirt IHS also got loads of plants,hides ,i big bag of bark just the main things really i was looking for a female adult gecko lizzard but most were babys or just growing on i think i missed out as i got there at 12pm and left at 3pm must say them hotdogs mmmmmmmmm well worth the £2.50 lol

must say as that was my first reptile show with my partner we loved it bloody great and i will be going to more if there localish

cheers john
:no1:

bignick 28-06-2009 08:13 PM

whens the show in sep as i really want to go to that as i didnt have any money to go today

Millie 28-06-2009 08:51 PM

This was my first time at a show and i thought it was great. I didnt buy anything but that took alot of restraint, I so wanted one of the cresties from captive bred but having just purchased a crestie from on here i knew i had to resist. I will definately be going in september, and hopefully going to the kidderminster show to.

Tarn~Totty 28-06-2009 09:09 PM

Loved it!! Great first time show experience...will deffo go again.

Met GothGirl : victory: Got some rubs...then even more rubs, and a 100% het clown male royal from a really nice seller :2thumb:

Couldnt spend as much as I wanted...lack of funds :lol2:

It was the first time I'd seen (in the flesh) many of the reptiles there...that was the best bit for me.

(Note to God, Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy or whoever is listening - please let me win the lottery before the September show :thumb:)

linda.t 28-06-2009 09:18 PM

i got a painted bullfrog an exo terra plus some bits and bobs.

boabloketony 28-06-2009 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linda.t (Post 4202816)
i got a painted bullfrog an exo terra plus some bits and bobs.

Was great seeing you again Linda, your bullfrog was gorgeous, I was considering buying a horned but they were £40 and unfortunately that was £40 more than I'd got :lol2:

linda.t 28-06-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boabloketony (Post 4202933)
Was great seeing you again Linda, your bullfrog was gorgeous, I was considering buying a horned but they were £40 and unfortunately that was £40 more than I'd got :lol2:

lovely to see u both as well,i didn't see any horned frogs but it was hard to get to some of the tables,
but never mind there's always the next show:lol2:

chris25 28-06-2009 10:12 PM

we got there for 11 and it was manic..had a stumble round,went the bar had few beers and went round again...reckon julie giot the bug as we got her 3 royals!...one a 100% het clown,1 reduced and a normal....for us bargain of the day..viv locks £2.50 and nicest snakes of the day...some royal morphs(cant remember breeder but he had a couple of beautiful white/pinky coloured ones

but did toy with the idea of a maddie ground boa..£150,a steal....but my pockets not deep enough today :cry:

superjacko 28-06-2009 10:27 PM

hmmm so how much were these beautiful royal morphs people keeps mentioning :mf_dribble:i mite have to jump on the ferry and come for septembers show i think :whistling2:

Ferret1959 28-06-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tplatts98 (Post 4201708)
i went hoping to get some tarantulas but there were only a couple of Mexican red knees:devil::bash: so i got a male leo instead:2thumb:

so i think i may go to the September one as well now: victory:

most of the people there were selling the reps far too young

I wouldn't say most but there were a few selling corns that had only taken one feed and must have only been a couple of weeks old at the most.

Be a shame if some one forked out hard earned or save cash and they bought a bad or non feeder. :(

marcgroovyge 28-06-2009 10:39 PM

I liked it but it was like a car boot. Could of kicked a few people for cutting me up but thats to be expected :2thumb: Good day out and found a good few bargains!

alexpata 29-06-2009 01:11 AM

It was my first show and I think it was pretty good, got a male coral snow motley corn as a boyfriend for my current one, glad I didnt have more money on me as would of ended up spending loads! Must say I was expecting lower prices generally and the crowd was a bit annoying at times, especially the screaming baby that was being ferried around lol.

Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S :2thumb:

dickysballs 29-06-2009 02:03 PM

doncaster show
 
i went first show for me :2thumb:great stuff, got me a gorgous female bab'e royal python 30 notes

Tarn~Totty 29-06-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexpata (Post 4204487)
Perhaps they could of extended the show further into the seating area with white tables so that the middle row wasn't so crampt, but larger crowds are a good thing as it will mean that the show grows in the future. Thumbs up I.H.S

The nice IHS bloke told me it would probably be like this for the September one....as more breeders have babies ready then, so more tables!! :2thumb:

stuartdouglas 29-06-2009 09:39 PM

too many morons just standing in the middle of aisles having conversations!!! I spent about 1/2 hour in the show. then a couple of hours in the pool. Only went up to drop two snakes off, pick one up and say "Hi" to a couple of people.

Far too many corns and bloody Leos!!! last September's show had a better selection of stock, looking forward to this Sept

hashnak 29-06-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shamperz (Post 4201513)
Dont everyone bite my head off but I think it could have been better. Dont get me wrong, it was great to see such huge amounts of reps but i thought it was less of a show and more of a car boot for reps.

I was hoping too see more fully grown adult specimins. The vast majority were babies to sell but if you dont know your reps you might not know how big things are gonna get.
Cant help thinking so many people would have come away with a cute baby and not realising how to look after them or appreciate how big they will get.

Still, very much in awe of the amount of reps. I think im just a bit bitter as im so skint and couldnt get anything.

:o)

i agree was a bit "car booty" me and mi mate were saying it was like going to a really big rep shop lol think it would be better with adult specimins and some rare aswell even if just for show and not sale

Lindy 29-06-2009 10:56 PM

I really enjoyed it, although from experience the September shows do have alot more choice and more adult specimens available.

I got myself a goldust and a pewter corn and am chuffed to bits with both of them, a really good day out.

Lindyx

kirsty13 29-06-2009 10:59 PM

it was my first time at doncaster i thought it was ok think there cud hav been more adult or grown on reps there was gutted dint get a blue toungued skink i cant find a baby one any where x

the night doctor 03-07-2009 12:40 AM

name..
 
[quote=sazzjaydee;4201867]yeah really enjoyed it but do have to agree i felt it was more of a car boot sale for reptiles but still very good.

Came home with a Vietnemese Blue Beauty Rat Snake (and yes he has tagged me already but with only being a bairn he didn't draw blood)
fiance came home with 4 horned lizards (horned toads)
bro and his OH came back with a blazing blizzard gecko (white thing hahaha)
and me being the bad influence caused my dad to get a jungle hypo motley corn snake (its lush) not sure on names for everything yet any ideas for the VBB

HOW ABOUT NAPALM!

the night doctor 03-07-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuartdouglas (Post 4209552)
too many morons just standing in the middle of aisles having conversations!!! I spent about 1/2 hour in the show. then a couple of hours in the pool. Only went up to drop two snakes off, pick one up and say "Hi" to a couple of people.

Far too many corns and bloody Leos!!! last September's show had a better selection of stock, looking forward to this Sept

DITTO DITTO...i thought the sept show last year was far better... hope its as good again in 09!!


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)