Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Newbie Advice (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/)
-   -   What time do you feed your bearded dragon? (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/331934-what-time-do-feed-your.html)

bbear690 01-07-2009 01:54 PM

What time do you feed your bearded dragon?

The lights go on at 7 so i give Toodles her first batch of calcium crickets at 9

When will Toodles need to next lot, just before lights out at 7 or before then??

Its got a nice big bowl of grated carrot and a few basil leaves in there all day :)

I am in the process of growning my own greens for it x

scalez 01-07-2009 01:59 PM

i'd say maybe 3/4 pm
give him enough time to digest the food before lights out.

bbear690 01-07-2009 02:12 PM

Cool, i will do it about 3.30 then when millie gets home from school :)

Cheers Scalez

by the way whats your name? Im Becky, you have helped me loads the last month, My beardie is getting all the right care and its thanks to you and you helpfull advice :flrt:

scalez 01-07-2009 02:14 PM

Haha, no problem, my name is Shauna. xD

bbear690 01-07-2009 02:19 PM

Nice to meet you Shauna :)

I am sure i will ask loads more questions lol but hopefully one day i will be able to help another newbie :)

spudsgirl 01-07-2009 03:01 PM

Well mine gets his salad in the morning hand fed. Sad I know then the live about 3 in afternoon. Sometimes a swap it round. Mine does not know what hunting means the lazy not so little :devil:.x

badgerboy 01-07-2009 03:35 PM

Zu and Woody get crickets about 8am (wake-up call is about 7.30) and salad around 5pm. As a treat they get locusts, but not until salad-time. The crickets eat the leftover salad during the day, and the locusts eat fresh salad at tea-time.

:welcome: I'm new here, so take what I say with a pinch of salt for now...

bbear690 01-07-2009 04:47 PM

i leave salad in all day, is that ok??

Also he hasn't eaten some crickets and i have tried making them hop around in the viv so he cathches them but there is no interest lol, i can't catch them!!
If i leave the salad in there wil it be ok, i don't want them biting poor toodles x

Dynamos Dragons 01-07-2009 05:18 PM

I feed mine salad in the morning about 1 1/2 hours after lights come on and leave it in all day, and locusts/bugs later in the day normally around 4. They should not eat anything within the last 2 hours before lights out, with veg left in the viv any escaped bugs hopefully would nibble on that .
When it comes time to feed him bugs again, instead of putting some in, try and move things in the viv to find the escapees first, a lot of people feed theres in a RUB(really useful box) so they can monitor how many they eat which also stops them roaming the viv too :no1:

bbear690 01-07-2009 05:29 PM

i did buy a box to feed him crickets in but was worried the crix would hop out lol