Old 05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meko View Post
that'll never happen
has before and will do again :P
Old 05-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Banned

that's only because i sleep from 12am till 6:30am and work from 8am till 6pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Egg

haha, Im very greatful for all your help. i used the list from the hades dragons site and ordered everything seperatly :thumbsup: this way i got a 4x2x2 Viv and most of the stuff for under £200 (the starter set was £245)

the Viv and lighting stuff should be here this week im going to set it all up and do some over night temperature checks to make sure everything is right.

Also need to get some features for the little fellow. Then he/she should be with us at end of week.

Many thanks again, Excellent forum full of very helpful people.
Old 15-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Egg
Default Update and more advice needed

Right, ive had the Viv with most of the features set up for over a week and im slightly confused by the temps.

Ive raised the basking lamp as far as poss and with a 60W spotlight its still 115f directly under it. this setup is running about 77-80f in the cool end.

Although i have a dimmer stat these measurements are without it.

Are these temps ok ?? if i was to use the dimmer (habistat 92f max) what spot should i use and were would you put probe ??

Thanks again.

Mike
Old 15-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Reptile View Post
Right, ive had the Viv with most of the features set up for over a week and im slightly confused by the temps.

Ive raised the basking lamp as far as poss and with a 60W spotlight its still 115f directly under it. this setup is running about 77-80f in the cool end.

Are these temps ok ?? if i was to use the dimmer (habistat 92f max) what spot should i use and were would you put probe ??

Thanks again.

Mike
115 sounds fine to me, I'm new to lizards myself but been told to start between 110-115 so 115 is spot on also when isit your lil girls bday wish her happy bday and hope she likes her BD, I'm setting mine up soon just building 4x2x2 myself and then to buy bits etc
Old 17-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Egg

Quote:

Thanks again.

Mike
Anyone else please ????
Old 17-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Reptile

Thanks again.

Mike
Temps are fine, I don't use a dimmer stat personally, all my beardies are at 115f under the basking spot and about 80 at the cool end, and they always move to just where its comfortable for them. But thats just my experience but then contrary to what other people say i also have a heat mat in there for night-time temps on a stat, my beardies go to sleep on it lol, and thats because even in the summer my house gets cold at night (we're talking less than 45f!) stupid new build crappy council building grrr oops rant lol...

good luck with it all!
Old 17-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhadair View Post
Temps are fine, I don't use a dimmer stat personally, all my beardies are at 115f under the basking spot and about 80 at the cool end, and they always move to just where its comfortable for them. But thats just my experience but then contrary to what other people say i also have a heat mat in there for night-time temps on a stat, my beardies go to sleep on it lol, and thats because even in the summer my house gets cold at night (we're talking less than 45f!) stupid new build crappy council building grrr oops rant lol...

good luck with it all!

Thanks alot mate. temps are 115 in basking and 80 in cool without the stat so seems ok like that.

minimum recorded night temp has been 67f
Old 17-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Forum Citizen

Don't worry about night temps too much, I've caught beardies in Oz in temps of about 13C, they were running around looking quite happy. You would be surprised how cool it gets in Australia. down to about -10 at night.