Beardie Poo! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 20-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Default Beardie Poo!

Sorry to ask, but is white poo normal for a baby beardie?

I got my Baby beardie on Saturday. He ate two crickets when we got home, nothing since. Temps all ok in viv, including hot spot and cool areas, he moves around and picks different places to hang out but generally sleeps a lot!

Noticed two small poos but looks like ive dropped a blob of tippex in there!

Ive got some pics on here DSCF0987 - A photo shared by PhotoBox member Angela Jackson - a public album shared on Photobox, the UK's leading digital photo service.

some pics are tiny some new ones with digi cam so you can see how big he is. A few friends of mine seem to think hes younger than 12 weeks because of his size?

Thanks all

Angela x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Forum Citizen

pics are not that great but its very normal for the white on the end of the poo

its your beardies wee wee lol

hth
1.0.0 Husband Tim

Soon to be grandma to Chilean Rose
Old 20-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Forum Citizen

he is a lot smaller than my 10 week old
1.0.0 Husband Tim

Soon to be grandma to Chilean Rose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Forum Citizen

its fine for white bits in poo its calcium deposits (OR SO IVE BEEN TOLD)
or well its the stuff after they taken there godness from it ?

now im all confused ?

Old 20-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Postaholic Member

The white substance in your dragons toilet is urates (urine). They have one opening (vent) which is where the feces and urine come out. A healthy excrement should be brown in colour with the urate on one end, if the excrement is covered with a jelly looking layer and is a tad watery you know your dragon is well hydrated .

Dragons can only digest and defacate sufficiently if theyre husbandry is spot on. Temperatures are crucial to this.
Old 22-07-2009, 11:01 PM

Thanks Jackie, thats exactly what my beardies first poo with me looks like so im quite pleased! Hope he carries on this way! I haven't ever seen him drink yet, so was getting worried, but he seems happy, alert and shedding well already!
Old 22-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxajo View Post
Thanks Jackie, thats exactly what my beardies first poo with me looks like so im quite pleased! Hope he carries on this way! I haven't ever seen him drink yet, so was getting worried, but he seems happy, alert and shedding well already!
You are more than welcome .

It has been suggested that beardies don't tend to drink 'still' water so such. Our girl will drink bath water . They also can absorb moisture through they're skin. If you bath your dragon frequently enough he should be fine with hydration.
Old 23-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Ultra Citizen

agreed with the above about poops ect seems pretty normal!!! but.......

is your beardie on wood chips??? if soo kinda big eeeek! lol as if he is you could have a huge problem with impaction!!!! especially in babies!!! if he accidently eats one of the wood chips when diving for a cricket/locust his little digestive system can become blocked and that means trip to the vets..... if he makes it that long! sorry to kinda be the bringer of bad news but... think its best you know now rather than find out later when there is a problem!

Best thing to have your baby on is paper towel it can be easily changed and mean his environment is clean plus you can easily see his poos to monitor them and spot clean where he does it! when he gets older he can move onto sand if you want, and a lot of people suggest child playsand that is sieved and washed! hope this helps!!!

Beardie Stack http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...viv-stack.html
Crestie Hides (For Sale!) http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...tie-hides.html