habistat pulse prop etc etc - How to!! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 27-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hatchling
Default habistat pulse prop etc etc - How to!!

Can someone please explain to me in simple everyday (technophobe friendly) terms how to use the bloody thing.

I have this in my beardie's 4ft viv with the probe in the centre (cool end low 80s hot end 100, basking 110ish) he's 18 months old and everything is ok .....except I have to turn it right down at night along with turning his light off (heater is ceramic). This is the unit with the red knob on the bottom with night drop facility - I even have the instructions and still don't understand. I am putting the light on a timer, and have a spare for the habistat - I bought the viv off ebey and the guy has even got a separate plug fixed on saying 'night drop' so I know it should be ok if only I could suss it out - any help would be appreciated - thanks sorry for the long thread!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Premier Member
Default ceramic

so you have a ceramic heater as well as a spotlight?
Old 27-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Hatchling

no, I have a 36" uvb tube - 10% with reflector and a ceramic heat bulb with reflector (don't know what the wattage is tho'- if they're worked out in wattages?) and Basil seems absolutely fine - shedding well etc but I will call you - thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Ultra Citizen

If the thermostat has a day/night facility and you have a timer switch it should be ajustable by the red dial on the bottom of it so that the temp drops automatically. Mine is twisted fully to the left as i only need a 5 degree differential, twisting it to the right increases the drop. There should be a seperate lead that plugs into the left side of the thermostat box and then the plug from the other end of that has to be plugged into your timer and plugged in seperately to a socket. Took me quite a while to work this out too from the instructions! Hope it makes sense.
Old 29-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Hatchling

Thanks, that seems to make sense - I will have a go today