Do dragons eat at night ? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 06-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Regular
Default Do dragons eat at night ?

My wee beardie(6 weeks) hasnt been eating but this morning I checked and there seemed to be only 2 crickets in the viv when last night there was about 8.

The tank is secure, ther is no holes and i cant see them escaping, so I am taking it that they are being eaten. The only other thing I can imagine is at the cool end, I have a bit blocked off as its a 3ft tank, in this bit I have a cricket keeper box which is sealed and I dont think they are crawling up that and going in as the other in it cant get out.

Wee Munchie - Beardie - back with his pals in pet shop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Gold Star Member

You may want to post this question in the lizard section as it gets more traffic.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
Forum Citizen

no they sleep at night.
if there are any crickets left after feeding remaive them as they can bite the dragon as he sleeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb1912 View Post
My wee beardie(6 weeks) hasnt been eating but this morning I checked and there seemed to be only 2 crickets in the viv when last night there was about 8.

The tank is secure, ther is no holes and i cant see them escaping, so I am taking it that they are being eaten. The only other thing I can imagine is at the cool end, I have a bit blocked off as its a 3ft tank, in this bit I have a cricket keeper box which is sealed and I dont think they are crawling up that and going in as the other in it cant get out.
Bearded Dragons are the same as us, awake during daylight hours asleep at night.

As suggested above, all un-eaten crickets need to be removed from your viv as they may nibble on your dragon.

We have our beardie on a 12 hours lights on cycle then lights off for 12 hours. Dragons do thrive on routine .

Regards,

Jackie.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Super Citizen
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieL View Post
Bearded Dragons are the same as us, awake during daylight hours asleep at night.

As suggested above, all un-eaten crickets need to be removed from your viv as they may nibble on your dragon.

We have our beardie on a 12 hours lights on cycle then lights off for 12 hours. Dragons do thrive on routine .

Regards,

Jackie.
I concur... Just getting my BD's into a light cycle routine, previous owner had no idea.. Their appetite has increased and they eat virtually everything but I always ensure no live foods are in the tank overnight..

TURPIN'S CORNER REPTILE RESCUE AND REHOMING CENTRE

5.7.0 Bearded Dragons (Gizmo, Birik, Diesel, Ozzie, Ulhuru, Sabina, Ursula, Layla, Mojave, Kahli, Tanami and Sahara)
2.4.1 Chinese Water Dragons (Tenzin, Gar, Lei,
Keshi, Tae, Tan and Jade)
0.2.2 Yellow Bellied Sliders (Boss, Bob, Loki and Gaia)

1.2.1 Common Musk Turtles (Cobi, Bolt, Yoda and Sumo)
1.0.0 Maps Turtle (Ridgeley)
1.1.0 Leopard Tortoises (Bob and Anna)

1.1.0 Children Ciaran and Charlize

The name is Turpin, Patrick Turpin... Feel free to come and say hi on Facebook..