why do my baby corns smellish? and how can they have fun? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 07-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Regular
Question why do my baby corns smellish? and how can they have fun?

please help any advise what so ever will be perfect and help - 2 things - 1st thingi make sure my snakes viv is clean an any sighns of poo i clean, i only cleaned out the viv 1 week ago, my baby corn snakes smell....... help?
there very healthy from what i can see, thay eat normally, they just have this twang about them (kinda smells like poo but theres nun in the viv)

2nd thing - what can i do or make to give them a good life - i know there snakes and not dogs or cats just wonna give them the best life, is there anything that cud help them have fun, i know that sounds mad but hopefully u get my drift, something they enjoy on a regular basis?

please help...........

Last edited by stacyfa; 08-08-2009 at 12:06 AM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Regular

umm do u mean the corn snkes themselves smell or the viv they are in smells? (sorry didnt quite get which one you meant from your post). if it is the viv it could be that the corn had hidden the poo some where mine quite often does that.
As regards to having fun im not really sure what snakes do for fun or even if they do like to chill and play. ive got my adult corn snake some vines for his viv which he loves to climb around on, also i assume my snake enjoys burrowing through his substrate so i always try to give a thick enough layer for him to burrow through. you could try either of those for your corn though i dunno how old they are but u mite want to only put small branches or vines in since they are only young and dont want them getting hurt.
hope that helps if any more questions just pm me
Adam
Old 08-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular
Wink

the corns smell- not lots and lots but just a musky smell of poo lol ive checked the viv but cant find poo lol, i put some bamboo sticks in there with laces around them for grip they kinda like it, havent really seen them using they just hide and poke there heads out if i say hello lol, there are about 3 months old maybe older, about 35cm long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 07:01 PM
Regular

if its the snakes that smell then they could have either slithered through there own poo in which case just give them a tepid bath im not sure on exact temps the water should be maybe u could ask some other members that or the other thing it could be there defense mechanism which is known as musking its quite common among young snakes but they do grow out of it
again hope it helps
Adam
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Ultra Citizen

dnt worry bout the smell hun..corns unfortunatly do smell..the best thing u can do is to take out the poo as soon as u see it..i keep an air fresher in the rep room which i spray everyday and keep a window open at all times..that does help alot!

Yes put some vines in there for him to climb and a defo a hide..mine likes to sit on it and watch the world go by . hope all this helps mate. x

Tags
corn snakes , fun , smell