Beardie food advice needed! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 17-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Hatchling
Default Beardie food advice needed!

I have a 9 week old bearded dragon, and i am currently feeding him 3 crickets on a morning, and three on an evening, along with a couple of rocket leaves, a quarter of grated apple or a bit of grated carrot depending what we have in. Is that about right, i am worrying i am not feeding him enough. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

3 crickets isn't really enough.

As many of the right sized crickets that they can eat in 10 minutes, each sitting, and a plate of the right veg in there all day is the best / most advised way.
I think there's a sticky in about the right veg and fruit for beardies here in the newbie section.
Old 17-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meko View Post
3 crickets isn't really enough.

As many of the right sized crickets that they can eat in 10 minutes, each sitting, and a plate of the right veg in there all day is the best / most advised way.
I think there's a sticky in about the right veg and fruit for beardies here in the newbie section.
Thanks, ill keep that in mind. I was advised by a local breeder to give them about three or four crickets that were slightly bigger than the space between their eyes per sitting. However our local pet shop said to give it however many crickets it eats in 5 minutes.