Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Newbie Advice (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/)
-   -   help! advice needed (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/362371-help-advice-needed.html)

matt1969 19-08-2009 06:55 PM

Just a thought! Give her a warm bath (NOT HOT), this sometimes might get her system working to pass any eggs still inside! But still take to vets if this does something or not! :gasp:

becca26 19-08-2009 07:23 PM

thanks matt,

i have been bathing her on and off for a couple of days, but i guess theres still a possability that she might pass it,

any suggestion is welcome :D

you guys are the best :notworthy:

matt1969 19-08-2009 07:34 PM

Good luck with tomorrow! Hope she is ok!:2thumb:

becca26 19-08-2009 07:52 PM

thanks matt,

oh hope its not to usless now but i have a question?

would i be able to feel the egg/s?

i have just noticed a little bit of pinky stuff come out with the water, its a very small amount, its not normal : (

gizmossister 19-08-2009 08:06 PM

My chuckwalla recently laid eggs about a week and a half ago and is still going through the same process. taking her to the vets is a gd idea to check shes not egg bound or retaining any more eggs, sometimes u can feel them but in most cases only when there are alot of eggs left as they are very soft when inside her.
I gave mine a 50:50 water:calcium/vit mix as she will have drained herself laying all the eggs, she will be very tired and sleep alot for the first week or so a full 48hrs after laying, mine has only just started to purk up and u can feed her a veggie blend mix or babyfood in a seringe i just blended her usually veggies to a paste with some extra water and calcium, she probably wont eat by herself for a while i also feed mine wax worms and meal worms which i cut the heads off and put in her mouth and she tends to give them a bit of a chew and swallows if she wants them. due to ur female being so week she wont eat on her own and its usually a gd idea to separate from the male for the first week and then reintroduce which is what i did and she is perking up now and i have seen signs of her eating little bits on her own now my seringe feeding has brought her strength back up.

The vet might tell u to do a similar thing along with any pet shops u may ask, its not unusual to not eat but the pink discharge u r seeing is a bit worrying but could be due to her not eating for so long and consuming her own body fat but check with the vets anyway and take a sample of faeces if possible because they might ask for one.

Hope she is as lucky as mine and gets better this mainly happens after a very first clutch of eggs and what u have been doing so far is brilliant but u need to get her eating again even if u have to help her.

Gdluck if u want to know anything else i have used dnt hesitate to ask.

jools 19-08-2009 08:10 PM

Take whatever "sample" of this you can with you to vets. This could also POSSIBLY be blood-stained mucus from perhaps parasites. The stress of laying may have caused any previously small parasite load to multiply. Good luck - hope she's ok

becca26 19-08-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gizmossister (Post 4545992)
My chuckwalla recently laid eggs about a week and a half ago and is still going through the same process. taking her to the vets is a gd idea to check shes not egg bound or retaining any more eggs, sometimes u can feel them but in most cases only when there are alot of eggs left as they are very soft when inside her.
I gave mine a 50:50 water:calcium/vit mix as she will have drained herself laying all the eggs, she will be very tired and sleep alot for the first week or so a full 48hrs after laying, mine has only just started to purk up and u can feed her a veggie blend mix or babyfood in a seringe i just blended her usually veggies to a paste with some extra water and calcium, she probably wont eat by herself for a while i also feed mine wax worms and meal worms which i cut the heads off and put in her mouth and she tends to give them a bit of a chew and swallows if she wants them. due to ur female being so week she wont eat on her own and its usually a gd idea to separate from the male for the first week and then reintroduce which is what i did and she is perking up now and i have seen signs of her eating little bits on her own now my seringe feeding has brought her strength back up.

The vet might tell u to do a similar thing along with any pet shops u may ask, its not unusual to not eat but the pink discharge u r seeing is a bit worrying but could be due to her not eating for so long and consuming her own body fat but check with the vets anyway and take a sample of faeces if possible because they might ask for one.

Hope she is as lucky as mine and gets better this mainly happens after a very first clutch of eggs and what u have been doing so far is brilliant but u need to get her eating again even if u have to help her.

Gdluck if u want to know anything else i have used dnt hesitate to ask.

thanks huni, i can only try my best to get her better, like you said vets is the best thing at the moment, the only thing is i cant get a faeces because its water but i will see what the vet says, i will keep intouch

becca26 19-08-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jools (Post 4546024)
Take whatever "sample" of this you can with you to vets. This could also POSSIBLY be blood-stained mucus from perhaps parasites. The stress of laying may have caused any previously small parasite load to multiply. Good luck - hope she's ok

i will try and get a sample its not gonna be easy, but i will try,

thanks for your help

gizmossister 19-08-2009 09:11 PM

ur welcome, hope she picks up : victory:

jools 19-08-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becca26 (Post 4546506)
i will try and get a sample its not gonna be easy, but i will try,

thanks for your help

If you can't get a sample the vet can do a cloacal wash if he feels it is necessary