help! advice needed - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 19-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Super Regular

Just a thought! Give her a warm bath (NOT HOT), this sometimes might get her system working to pass any eggs still inside! But still take to vets if this does something or not!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Regular

thanks matt,

i have been bathing her on and off for a couple of days, but i guess theres still a possability that she might pass it,

any suggestion is welcome

you guys are the best
Old 19-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Super Regular

Good luck with tomorrow! Hope she is ok!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-08-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular

thanks matt,

oh hope its not to usless now but i have a question?

would i be able to feel the egg/s?

i have just noticed a little bit of pinky stuff come out with the water, its a very small amount, its not normal : (
Old 19-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to gizmossister

My chuckwalla recently laid eggs about a week and a half ago and is still going through the same process. taking her to the vets is a gd idea to check shes not egg bound or retaining any more eggs, sometimes u can feel them but in most cases only when there are alot of eggs left as they are very soft when inside her.
I gave mine a 50:50 water:calcium/vit mix as she will have drained herself laying all the eggs, she will be very tired and sleep alot for the first week or so a full 48hrs after laying, mine has only just started to purk up and u can feed her a veggie blend mix or babyfood in a seringe i just blended her usually veggies to a paste with some extra water and calcium, she probably wont eat by herself for a while i also feed mine wax worms and meal worms which i cut the heads off and put in her mouth and she tends to give them a bit of a chew and swallows if she wants them. due to ur female being so week she wont eat on her own and its usually a gd idea to separate from the male for the first week and then reintroduce which is what i did and she is perking up now and i have seen signs of her eating little bits on her own now my seringe feeding has brought her strength back up.

The vet might tell u to do a similar thing along with any pet shops u may ask, its not unusual to not eat but the pink discharge u r seeing is a bit worrying but could be due to her not eating for so long and consuming her own body fat but check with the vets anyway and take a sample of faeces if possible because they might ask for one.

Hope she is as lucky as mine and gets better this mainly happens after a very first clutch of eggs and what u have been doing so far is brilliant but u need to get her eating again even if u have to help her.

Gdluck if u want to know anything else i have used dnt hesitate to ask.
2.4.11 corn snakes
1.1.0 Ponies
0.2.0 serengetti cats
0.2.0 chickens
0.0.2 marine fish tanks

Male harlequin crested gecko (rescue) with vivarium accessories and light unit £130
Corn smake babies available for sale Amel het anery motley caramel. £20 each
Old 19-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh God - not her AGAIN

Take whatever "sample" of this you can with you to vets. This could also POSSIBLY be blood-stained mucus from perhaps parasites. The stress of laying may have caused any previously small parasite load to multiply. Good luck - hope she's ok
Old 19-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmossister View Post
My chuckwalla recently laid eggs about a week and a half ago and is still going through the same process. taking her to the vets is a gd idea to check shes not egg bound or retaining any more eggs, sometimes u can feel them but in most cases only when there are alot of eggs left as they are very soft when inside her.
I gave mine a 50:50 water:calcium/vit mix as she will have drained herself laying all the eggs, she will be very tired and sleep alot for the first week or so a full 48hrs after laying, mine has only just started to purk up and u can feed her a veggie blend mix or babyfood in a seringe i just blended her usually veggies to a paste with some extra water and calcium, she probably wont eat by herself for a while i also feed mine wax worms and meal worms which i cut the heads off and put in her mouth and she tends to give them a bit of a chew and swallows if she wants them. due to ur female being so week she wont eat on her own and its usually a gd idea to separate from the male for the first week and then reintroduce which is what i did and she is perking up now and i have seen signs of her eating little bits on her own now my seringe feeding has brought her strength back up.

The vet might tell u to do a similar thing along with any pet shops u may ask, its not unusual to not eat but the pink discharge u r seeing is a bit worrying but could be due to her not eating for so long and consuming her own body fat but check with the vets anyway and take a sample of faeces if possible because they might ask for one.

Hope she is as lucky as mine and gets better this mainly happens after a very first clutch of eggs and what u have been doing so far is brilliant but u need to get her eating again even if u have to help her.

Gdluck if u want to know anything else i have used dnt hesitate to ask.
thanks huni, i can only try my best to get her better, like you said vets is the best thing at the moment, the only thing is i cant get a faeces because its water but i will see what the vet says, i will keep intouch
Old 19-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools View Post
Take whatever "sample" of this you can with you to vets. This could also POSSIBLY be blood-stained mucus from perhaps parasites. The stress of laying may have caused any previously small parasite load to multiply. Good luck - hope she's ok
i will try and get a sample its not gonna be easy, but i will try,

thanks for your help
Old 19-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to gizmossister

ur welcome, hope she picks up
2.4.11 corn snakes
1.1.0 Ponies
0.2.0 serengetti cats
0.2.0 chickens
0.0.2 marine fish tanks

Male harlequin crested gecko (rescue) with vivarium accessories and light unit £130
Corn smake babies available for sale Amel het anery motley caramel. £20 each
Old 19-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh God - not her AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca26 View Post
i will try and get a sample its not gonna be easy, but i will try,

thanks for your help
If you can't get a sample the vet can do a cloacal wash if he feels it is necessary