Doh !!!!!! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 23-08-2009, 07:48 PM
Forum Citizen
Default Doh !!!!!!

Well i feel a total knob !!
After i managed to get an appointment with a exotic vet in keighley, got someone to cover my shift at work... and a 4 hour round trip i went to the wrong bloody practice aarrrgghhhhhhhh my poor bearded dragon wondered what the hell was going on !
So now i have to let them know what a pillock i am and try...and i dont know how to get another appointment as i work long hours 6 days a week !
bats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh God - not her AGAIN

Perhaps ur going batty lol. Whats wrong with your beardie?
Old 23-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Forum Citizen

To put this in a quick way (im crap at typing hence the quick version or ill be here all night )

Didnt poo for five weeks, went off food totally, keeping him going on baby food mixed with repto boost in water ,calcium and protein.
Had six poo's on friday just gone, still wont eat,is stressed in viv (dont know why ) if you want to see pics of viv look on my profile. Im not sure if he likes it im thinking of going for a wooden one maybe he needs more privacy ???????? who knows ?
Still wont eat any live food, never ate greens. Seems to go in the cave all the time but loves it outside running around etc he seems to come to life.
The temps are good (check them few times a day ) new uv tube...so there you have it a quick run down.
Ive contacted the vet via email tonight apologising for my cockup and her wasted time.
I wish there was a exotic vet closer to rotherham
Any way a family member said they would help with the next appointment
Bats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-08-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh God - not her AGAIN

Hi Bats, I don't keep beardies but I do know a bit about keeping them. Many beardie keepers won't have caves in their vivs cause as you know the beardie will hide in them - this means they are not getting enough uv exposure. Your uv looks quite high as well - they need to be able to get close- about 6" away. Also could your beardie be getting impacted from that sand? Anyway good luck with your next appointment. It might help the vet if you took a photo of the viv with you - the more information the better.
Old 24-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Ultra Citizen

no offense to the above, but I would rather have a hide than not have one even with the loss of exposure.

I'd put my money on temperature and maybe an impaction but if hes done his business now maybe its passed.
Old 25-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Ultra Citizen

hope ur lil chap gets well soon mate! x

Old 26-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Premier Citizen

Hi Batman loving Clovers Crib but am not seeing a heat source hun apart from the UV do you have a heat bulb in there anywhere?
Old 28-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Forum Citizen

Yeah even though you cant see it,it's above the mesh gives him about 105 any more he moves away.
I am going to get another viv bigger and wooden the glass one has been a pain in the ass.
bats