The Baby Beardies Arrive on Sunday - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 04-09-2009, 09:12 PM
Hatchling
Wink The Baby Beardies Arrive on Sunday

Hi,
I have just finished setting up my viv for my sons two female baby beardiers arrival on Sunday ("lizzie" & "emily") and am now worried that
I have/haven't done it all correctly.
My main concern is about the night time/day time heating. I know because they are young (still to determine age on their arrival) that the
hotter end of the viv should be btwn 105-110 and the cooler end btwn 80-85 degrees farenheit during the day but what do we do at night ?
Do we turn it all off ? We have a ceramic light, a spot light and a uv light ? Read somewhere that the temp cannot go below 70 degrees farenheit; is this correct ?? Also read that Beardies do not need a heat mat. Help I'm really confused !!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Forum Citizen

Yeah i had the same problem when i got mine a few weeks ago. You turn it everything off, mine is on timers so everything goes off at 8pm and back on at 8am you just want to switch everything off and they will immediatly go to sleep. They tend to bury them selves which helps them stay warm but also the temp would rarely ever drop below 60-70 depending where you are. If your from scotland then i'm not to sure but in England your be fine. Hope this helps Just put a themometre in the centre of the tank at the back and just check on the temp before you go to bed. That's what i do and she is fine They are good fun you will love them. Enjoy!

Josh

Member number 28224
Old 04-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Hatchling

Thank you... I can now go to bed...

I can turn it off now set my alarm for 3am and come down and check the temp....

Not in Scotland but warmer England so should be okay....