Viv or RUB for baby corn snake? - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 16-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty667 View Post
Go to "The Range" and pick up a 42lt for £7.99 or"Asda" for £6.98 this will be alright for about 2year's depending on the snake and how fast it grows it's aroud 2foot long and 1 foot and half depth (i think) just make sure you tape the lid around the top down sercurly other wise a corn could easily take the top off or squeeze out.

Don't forgot the thermostat!!!!.
To be fair, a similar sized RUB is only a few pounds more expensive, and you don't need to crack open the sticky tape every time you open it. Just sayin'
scotty667 and Alex Boswell like this.
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstypical View Post
To be fair, a similar sized RUB is only a few pounds more expensive, and you don't need to crack open the sticky tape every time you open it. Just sayin'
Link please as i'm fed up off opening up the masking tape everytime LOL but better safe than sorry eh.
Old 16-10-2012, 04:48 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Link please as i'm fed up off opening up the masking tape everytime LOL but better safe than sorry eh.

50L RUB is £15 in Argos, not checked other sizes specifically but smaller will be cheaper, 50L is a bit much for a hatchling corn, i'd prefer a viv
scotty667 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
50L RUB is £15 in Argos, not checked other sizes specifically but smaller will be cheaper, 50L is a bit much for a hatchling corn, i'd prefer a viv
Ah i never thought about the one with clips lol.

One thing though mines bigger than that 50lt :P mine 32inchs long by 16inch depth and 10 inchs high
Oh and plus mines not a hatchling lol he's about a year in half to two yrs old and i onyl got him sunday lol and he ate yesterday LOL you can see him eat in my Thread "WAIT A WEEK BULL!!!!" LOL HERE http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...bull-corn.html
Old 16-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Ah i never thought about the one with clips lol.

One thing though mines bigger than that 50lt :P mine 32inchs long by 16inch depth and 10 inchs high
Oh and plus mines not a hatchling lol he's about a year in half to two yrs old and i onyl got him sunday lol and he ate yesterday LOL you can see him eat in my Thread "WAIT A WEEK BULL!!!!" LOL HERE http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...bull-corn.html
Ah you mentioned a 42L one though Corns aren't really like other snakes where you have to wrap them in cotton wool, mine eats anything and everything he can, doesn't mind being handled, nothing fazes him.
Old 16-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Go to "The Range" and pick up a 42lt for £7.99 or"Asda" for £6.98 this will be alright for about 2year's depending on the snake and how fast it grows it's aroud 2foot long and 1 foot and half depth (i think) just make sure you tape the lid around the top down sercurly other wise a corn could easily take the top off or squeeze out.

Don't forgot the thermostat!!!!.
These are the ones: ASDA 42 Litre Underbed Plastic Storage Box and Lid - Clear | Plastic Storage | ASDA direct

They are around 2.5 foot x 1.5 foot which I think is ok for a snake upto 4ft MAX.
Therefore, smaller adults may be well suited for this size of tub.
Old 16-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Ah you mentioned a 42L one though Corns aren't really like other snakes where you have to wrap them in cotton wool, mine eats anything and everything he can, doesn't mind being handled, nothing fazes him.
Yeah mine is 42lt but i just measured it earlier because i did think mine was bigger and it is LOL dunno why LOL oh i agree corns are hard nuts LOL.
Old 16-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Yeah mine is 42lt but i just measured it earlier because i did think mine was bigger and it is LOL dunno why LOL oh i agree corns are hard nuts LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Boswell View Post
These are the ones: ASDA 42 Litre Underbed Plastic Storage Box and Lid - Clear | Plastic Storage | ASDA direct

They are around 2.5 foot x 1.5 foot which I think is ok for a snake upto 4ft MAX.
Therefore, smaller adults may be well suited for this size of tub.
Yep that's the one lol except i cracked mine which is why i had to grab one from the range lol exact same make just more expensive lol, it's 32 inchs long so 4inchs of 3foot but they hold the heat well mine at the moment is at 28.6C and ranges up to 29.8 down to 26.8C depending on whether i open the window or put the radiator on LOL.
Old 16-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
What size faun would you keep a corn in for life? I've never seen one big enough.
I've never done so wasn't aware there weren't any big enough, just meant that a faunarium style enclosure would be suitable if it were big enough.
Old 16-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Forum Citizen

Thanks for all your advise. My boyfriend is building the vivarium as he's a carpenter so cheaper than buying one from the reptile shop. Is 4 ft too big thou or is it ok with lots of hides, plants ect?

Tags
corn snake , snake