Viv or RUB for baby corn snake? - Page 5 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 18-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Regular

i have a baby corn who at the min is in a faunarium, when 1 will be goin in to a bigger one then into a 3/4ft viv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Citizen

I lost a baby corn in a Viv and I'm guessing it squeezed through the gap in the glass, now she's in a rub inside the Viv ! Wasn't risking it happening again, once she's big enough she can go back in the Viv ! I wouldn't take the risk. Rubs are far more secure when they're babies.. Luckily I found mine after her being lost for 3 days ! Very lucky..

I put the rub in the Viv coz if I have an empty Viv I would just be tempted to buy something to full it lol ... No will power
1.1.0 pooches
2.3.0 corn snakes (snow, lavender, anery, caramel stripe & hypo bloodred )
0.1.0 Gold dust day gecko
0.0.2 Red eyed tree frogs
and few tropical fishs!

Old 22-10-2012, 08:34 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoneon View Post
I lost a baby corn in a Viv and I'm guessing it squeezed through the gap in the glass, now she's in a rub inside the Viv ! Wasn't risking it happening again, once she's big enough she can go back in the Viv ! I wouldn't take the risk. Rubs are far more secure when they're babies.. Luckily I found mine after her being lost for 3 days ! Very lucky..

I put the rub in the Viv coz if I have an empty Viv I would just be tempted to buy something to full it lol ... No will power
Ha ha that's exactly what we will be doing as I would be tempted too. Iv always wanted a bearded dragon but petrified of bugs but if I had an empty viv I would prob go get one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-2012, 07:33 AM
Super Regular

Monkfield Terranium 24 Inch (Available In Store Only) | Pets at Home

I started Hiss off in a faunarium, but then got angry with the constant wrestling with temps. So I then got the monkfield terranium, perfect for hatchlings. I moved Hiss into the "big boy" vivarium when he hit 1ft, so there was less chance of escape.
The joy with the Monkfield is there is a littlegap where you slip the heat mat in, so the snake is never touching the heat mat. It works really well.
Mars is in the monkwood now, till she's big enough to go in the big girls tank.

I really do rate that tank highly, not found a fault about it truly.

Otherwies, it's getting aRUB, drilling holes in the side/top for air holes, cord holes, etc and going from there.
1.0.0 corn snake - Hiss (ghost) 0.1.0 Corn Snake - Mars (Amel) 0.1.0 Leopard Gecko - Mouth ( super Hypo carrot tail) 1.0.0 Chinese Hamster -Snowball 2.0.0 Gerbil - Ebony + Caramel 0.2.0 Fancy rat - FiiFii + Ruby (adoptions)

RIP Milksnake - Kaa, Russian Hamster - Star, Chinese Hamster - Gok

Tags
corn snake , snake