Leopard Gecko - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 22-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Hatchling

Hi thanks for ur advice. The supplement you use Repashy Calcium Plus is that one with vitamin d in and do u put that one in the viv at all times or just for dusting. Just going to look on line for it. I think she's about 6 months when I hought her 2 months ago the pet shop said she was about 4 months
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleyd View Post
Hi thanks for ur advice. The supplement you use Repashy Calcium Plus is that one with vitamin d in and do u put that one in the viv at all times or just for dusting. Just going to look on line for it. I think she's about 6 months when I hought her 2 months ago the pet shop said she was about 4 months
Repashy is used on every feed for dusting live food. You still leave calcium in the vivarium as well. You can get it from lilly exotics. They're the official UK reseller.

As for her appetite, just monitor it for a bit. At that age she may just not need feeding as much.

If you have digital scales it's always good to get weights regularly so you know how's she's doing.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 22-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Hatchling

Thank you just looked online and am going to change from nutrabal. I have 2 female geckos I've only just got my scales so have only managed to weigh them twice the one I was worried about went from 47g to 50g in 2 weeks and my other little girl went from 50g to 57g but the shop I bought them at said the bigger one was a few weeks older. Off to buy my new supplement tomorrow night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Gold Star Member

It's well worth getting.

Nutrobol is made off a 20 year old formula. Repashy is updated as an when it's necessary.

I can confidently say you're even likely to notice activity increase just by using it.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 22-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Hatchling

Thank you so much for your help and advice it's nice to hear what works for others that is top of my shopping list tomorrow makes it easier to just have to dust with one thing rather than having to swap between the 2.
Old 22-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayleyd View Post
Thank you so much for your help and advice it's nice to hear what works for others that is top of my shopping list tomorrow makes it easier to just have to dust with one thing rather than having to swap between the 2.
It is much much easier lol. Don't get me wrong, people use the calcium/Nutrobol combination with success. But it's hard to determine the right amounts to use of what. This takes out all the guess work.

I can't recommend it highly enough. Just a search on this forum of Repashy calcium plus will confirm how good it really is.

Tags
gecko