Leopard Gecko Set Up - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 12-11-2012, 12:45 AM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstar33 View Post
Do you know how much that repashy is? I'm quite interested in that myself,
Depends on what weight you get. Lilly Exotics is the official reseller of Repashy goods in the UK. You can find them via their site or eBay.

I think the lowest is 4oz for £9.99. It's more expensive than other supplements out there but a quick search of it just in this forum will tell you why. Specially since supplements like Nutrobol are made using a 20 year old formula. And this is updated as and when it can be.

You will find it slightly cheaper on some UK sites, except Lilly exotics offer free delivery on it. So on the total it's better to go through them.

If you buy some, always keep it sealed and in the fridge to prolong its shelf life. I transfer mine to a sealed Tupperware.

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Regular

Awesome! I'll do a little research, and I'm sure in the near future I will experiment!

Cheers!
Dan.
Old 12-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Egg

Thanks guys for all the advise. I will look forward to posting pics of the full set up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Hatchling

Might as well ask on here instead of making a new thread, for substrate, I will be getting some vinyl or lino for my gecko at some point, but was just going to use kitchen roll/paper towels to begin with as I dont have the vinyl/lino yet, was just wondering how thick it should be layed down? ie one paper towel thickness across the whole viv or more?

Picking my lil gecko up tomorrow! Super excited!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Regular

Hey there! Yeah I'd say that paper towels are fine for now, I'd use 2-3 sheets thick just so he doesn't burn himself on the heat mat! Good luck, let me know how you get on!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD918 View Post
Might as well ask on here instead of making a new thread, for substrate, I will be getting some vinyl or lino for my gecko at some point, but was just going to use kitchen roll/paper towels to begin with as I dont have the vinyl/lino yet, was just wondering how thick it should be layed down? ie one paper towel thickness across the whole viv or more?

Picking my lil gecko up tomorrow! Super excited!
Vinyl/Lino is a great choice. Easy to clean and 0 risk of impaction. I myself use slate effect vinyl, to imitate roughly the natural habitat of a Leo.

For the time being it doesn't matter too much about the kitchen roll. One piece, two pieces. The heat will still penetrate. I've never used it but I think those that do layer is slightly in a sort of overlapped fashion to avoid holes.

As long as the heat mat is on a thermostat and your probe is positioned correctly then it shouldn't matter

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.

Tags
leopard gecko