Reptile Forums banner

HELP, "crested gecko" undernurished

500 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  bramble34 
#1 ·
Hi Help please
I have recently rescued this male crested gecko. approx 10mths old
When i got the crested gecko i was not sure if it is a crested gecko after all. I think its female and it looks very under norished. advice and help please.Im worried its not a gecko and it need more than what im providing. Its condition is defo improving. No sure how to put pics on this thread but i have managed to put them on my album.
Thanks mel

#2 ·
It's a gargoyle gecko - they require virtually the same setup and care as a crestie.

#4 ·
Similar size to cresties but they tend to be stockier :)

#5 ·
Hi Mel,

It's a Gargoyle gecko :) Fantastic Creatures and the care is very similar to that of Cresties. They tend to be a tad bigger and chunkier than Cresties but that gives you a guideline of what to expect :)

Ensure that you have correct humidity levels, correct heat, provide UV and ensure you're offering good quality food like repashy or clarks Crested Gecko Diet to ensure all the vitamins and nutrients are absorbed. When he/she is settled try offering small crickets dusted with calcium dust but don't worry if he/she doesn't eat them - it can take a little while for them to take to livefood :)

#6 ·
gargoyle gecko reply

thank you so much for your info, i have now got heating and the right huminity sorted, I have not got uv though, what would you recommend? Bramble is coming on very well and i have noticed some improvement, I have bought some live food but as you say its not eaten them yet. And i was getyting a bit worried, but i will carry on with this, For me its legs are very tiny and need to get some weight on them. I also handfeed bramble every evening. so fingers crossed she will start growing soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.