Bearded dragon help - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 26-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Egg
Default Bearded dragon help

I have 2 beardies and I'm getting on really well with them they have separate vivs and are very healthy and growing fast but I have a couple of niggling questions...
1) my oldest beardie now 4 months and I have had him for 2 months is the best beardie so well behaved and we have a really lovely relationship he loves coming out and playing and falling asleep on me however just over the last week he has started to puff his beard and belly up a lot in the day especially the mornings longs I pick him up and stroke him his fine just wondering if this is normal?

2) This morning I had Caesar (the oldest) on my bed because he wanted out of his viv and Buddy was in his viv which is directly opposite my bed (buddy is tiny and is supposed to be 2/3 months) they both started waving at each other really slowly is this normal and what does it mean?

If someone can let me know ASAP that would be amazing! Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Regular

the waving is their way of talking its normal and rather funny to watch its also thought that they do it as a way of saying i,m submissive to you my little one does it when she sees her own reflection and a female will do it to a male read a few threads on it on here xxxxx
Old 26-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Regular

I agree with the above post they wave submissively females tent to do it more in adults to the males so submit to a male with black beards head bobbing when they want to mate but in young dragons its a communication sign x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-11-2012, 12:38 PM
Egg
Default Thank you

Will this apply to two males also they were both doing it at the same time it was super cute but so out of the blue for them
Old 26-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Regular

Yea it's jus there way of sayin hello
Old 26-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Egg

Perfect thank you x

Does anyone know why my oldest would be puffing up his beard and belly constantly? X
Old 26-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks1991 View Post
Perfect thank you x

Does anyone know why my oldest would be puffing up his beard and belly constantly? X
Could be due to being Cold, Wanting attention, Disliking of a colour you may be wear or around his viv, Could be grumpy.. especially in the morning!

More than likely just seeking attention from your self! as like you said he seems to settle once you make a fuss of him!

Hope this all helps
Old 26-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienC View Post
Could be due to being Cold, Wanting attention, Disliking of a colour you may be wear or around his viv, Could be grumpy.. especially in the morning!

More than likely just seeking attention from your self! as like you said he seems to settle once you make a fuss of him!

Hope this all helps
Perfect thank you! As long as its nothing serious that's fine
Old 26-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Premier Member
Send a message via MSN to AuntyLizard Send a message via Skype™ to AuntyLizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks1991 View Post
Perfect thank you x

It is also a sign of showing dominance and maturing.. They do this when they feel threatened, make themselves look bigger.

Liz
parents of kiki likes this.

It's good friends that walk beside you through the good times and carry you through the bad.

Tags
bearded dragon , newbie advice