New Corn, looking for some local people. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 21-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryanb0401
Default New Corn, looking for some local people.

Hey folks! Glad to finally have a reason to make an account! After a year or so of trying to decide whether reptile keeping was for me (I've had inverts before, but never a reptile) I've finally taken the leap, and bought myself a little 4 month old Anery A Corn - It remains unsexed, but that's to be covered later. The shop owner assumes male - so I've given "him" a name based on this. Artyom. But that's not important.

Anyway, I'm here for a bit of a 'call to arms' - I live in North Ayrshire, a county in Western Scotland.
I would absolutely LOVE to build up a bit of a 'contact network' for here. Anywhere as far away as Glasgow, as I find myself there often (Obviously I wouldn't be bringing Arty with me that far)
So, do any of you come from around here? If so, where do you go to do your shopping/where is YOUR shop?
(For those curious, I've done my shopping for now in Pet World, in Irvine. I've bought some supplies for my dog from here before so I knew what the shop was like)
(And for those outside of the area with online shops/delivery, feel free to drop a link in here!)

I look forward to hearing back from anyone who wants a chat!

-Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Hatchling

Hi
we're in Stewarton and looking to get our first baby corn
Did you get yours at pet world? Was going to look in there at the weekend
Just came across this post after searching ayrshire to see if there was anyone local
Old 28-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Ultra Citizen

I did! The guys in pet world are pretty good. Always get my food from them. Their prices are a bit on the iffy side for some things, and the shop is a bit cluttered with the new fishing tackle section, but otherwise they're good. If you're willing to go a bit further, go to Ayrshire exotics in Kilmarnock. I prefer their shop all round.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Hatchling

That's my local one, was in there tuesday they are fab in there so will be going there too
Just like to shop around
Old 28-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Ultra Citizen

Oh! I misread your first post as Stevenston. My mistake!
For a baby corn and full setup (Faunarium, Hide, Full first bedding change, heat mat and water bowl) I was £80 in pet world. Not too bad for a pet shop, honestly.

Old 28-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Hatchling

lol
That is good, it was £100 or £120 in ayrshire exotics for the same sort of setup and a months supply of food. They had some lovely wee babies in too
Old 28-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Ultra Citizen

Here's a couple of pictures. He was born August last year. Just to give you an idea of size.
That's his latest feed, and him curled round my hand on the sky remote yesterday. He's an aggressive wee eater. Always strikes and throws coils.

Were you the one hunting their baby ghost on Facebook?

Old 28-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Hatchling

haha yes that was me Hubby had taken a liking to it when we were in there Tuesday and decided that night was going to go in and reserve it wednesday but it went the same day we were in....gutted

Yours is lovely phoned pet world and they have one in that they hatched in august so must be sibling to yours.
Artyom looks huge compared to the ones they had in at ayrshire exotics lol
Old 28-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Ultra Citizen

Must be! Pet World had a lot of non-feeders in the two clutches from Artyom's parents. All visual Anery het for... something, I can't decide what the dad is.
I imagine by now the non-feeders have either started and been sold or died off. Make sure the one you get out of there is a good weight, and ask for it's feeding records from the guy at the counter. He'll tell you how to fill it in etc if you buy it.

Old 28-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Hatchling

I will do, thanks
Will pop in there and have a look Saturday and see what Ayrshire exotics have in too

Tags
contact , corn snake , local , shop , websites