Big enough for more food? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 06-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryanb0401
Default Big enough for more food?

Now, this is my first corn so I'm not entirely sure about food for him so bear with me! Hatched 22nd of August, and is currently on one pinkie a week. Just an average sized one. So, do you think he's big enough to take either a fluff or another pinkie per feed? He last fed on Friday, and he's already exploring a lit as if he's hungry.
Here's a couple of pics for reference.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Posting Deity

I would say pinkies for a few more weeks, I think he'd struggle with a fluff just now, once one pinkie leaves hardly a bump at all you've 2 choices - you can either feed 2 pinkies per feed and then move up to fluffs or you can move straight up to fluffs, people do things differently so it's really up to you, with mine I fed 2 pinkies per feed and then moved up to fluffs.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 PM
Ultra Citizen

He goes through a single pinkie like nothing I've ever seen just now. I was going to try him with a second this week to see if he takes it - and if it looks like its leaving too much of a bump I'll move him back down to one. What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanb0401 View Post
He goes through a single pinkie like nothing I've ever seen just now. I was going to try him with a second this week to see if he takes it - and if it looks like its leaving too much of a bump I'll move him back down to one. What do you think?
I would wait till 1 leaves not much of a bump as feeding him too much and he will just regurgitate the food, better to under feed a wee bit rather than over feed and give the animal too much, well that's what I think.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Ultra Citizen

I'll leave it another couple of weeks, then, I think. I've got another 5-6 pinkies left in the freezer anyway.