FloGirl wants a snake - Page 4 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 14-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vetinari View Post

A male common boa should be ok in a 4x2x2. I have a male thatís 4ft, he's a good feeder but just doesn't seem to grow. But thatís a rarity - you really have to expect them to hit 6ft so he may end up looking a bit squidged in a 4ft viv. Dwarf Boas are smaller, but you may struggle to get one on your budget. I'm not sure though, I'm not too up on the pricing of dwarf boas. Sonoran boas are very pretty though.

. [/FONT][/COLOR]
If it's useful, when I was at the Creaks show in December there was a breeder selling dwarf Sonoran boas at £65 for males and £75 for females - this may be an unusual price (ie because it was the last show of the season) but perhaps worth FloGirl keeping in mind if she's shopping around to get what she wants without paying the earth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Hatchling

FloGirl thanks everyone for the comments they have written, both the nice ones and the not so nice ones and she will take them all on board.

FloGirl has been looking at thermostats today and realises there is more than one type so is confused again. FloGirl plans on getting a baby snake which she will first keep in a plastic tub and is wondering if she can use the same thermostat for the heat mat and then transfer it into the vivarium with a ceramic bulb
Exzhal likes this.
Old 14-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloGirl View Post
FloGirl thanks everyone for the comments they have written, both the nice ones and the not so nice ones and she will take them all on board.

FloGirl has been looking at thermostats today and realises there is more than one type so is confused again. FloGirl plans on getting a baby snake which she will first keep in a plastic tub and is wondering if she can use the same thermostat for the heat mat and then transfer it into the vivarium with a ceramic bulb
You should be able to use a pulse stat as long as it doesn't have a minimum load requirement
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-01-2013, 10:08 PM
Premier Citizen

As above, you'd want a pulse stat as they work well with both heat mats and ceramic heat bulbs. I'd recommend Habistat Pulse Habistat Pulse Proportional Thermostat 600w - Surrey Pet Supplies
Old 15-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Hatchling

Thanks!! Going to go shopping at the weekend so should be able to get a pulse stat then
Old 15-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Thanks!! Going to go shopping at the weekend so should be able to get a pulse stat then
As said before - just check it doesn't have a minimum load requirement. That will make it hard to find a heat mat to work with it.

Enjoy your shopping!
Old 15-01-2013, 10:59 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:

For someone that has been made fun of by certain people for almost half her thread (and at only 15), you've reacted in such a mature way that's rare to see (especially on here!).

Just to stay on topic - I would recommend a Rosy Boa!

Good luck
Thrasops, tdbexotics and tonyb12 like this.

https://www.facebook.com/BizarreBeasts/
Old 15-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Super Citizen

I truly hope that Flogirl sticks with doing her research in places like RFUK as she sounds very smart and I would hate her to be put off 'cos she is doing everything right so far.
Thrasops, Nikkifer and mstypical like this.