Arcadia lighting....what to buy?! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 16-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Egg
Default Arcadia lighting....what to buy?!

Hi, have been stalking this forum for a few weeks and decided everyone seems very helpful so i'd get myself on here

Am looking to get rankins dragons in the next couple of months so have been buying all the kit bit by bit and reading as much as i can as ive never had reptiles before and want to be sure i can care for them correctly.

Ive been looking at Arcadia uv lighting and have been recommended to get the T5 range. After looking on their website i liked the sound of the slimline luminaire as it looks tidy and easy to install but now my local shop are advertising they have stock of uv floods and i dont know what i should be getting anymore, theres so many choices that as a complete beginner im unsure which way to jump!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-02-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownTopRankin View Post
Hi, have been stalking this forum for a few weeks and decided everyone seems very helpful so i'd get myself on here

Am looking to get rankins dragons in the next couple of months so have been buying all the kit bit by bit and reading as much as i can as ive never had reptiles before and want to be sure i can care for them correctly.

Ive been looking at Arcadia uv lighting and have been recommended to get the T5 range. After looking on their website i liked the sound of the slimline luminaire as it looks tidy and easy to install but now my local shop are advertising they have stock of uv floods and i dont know what i should be getting anymore, theres so many choices that as a complete beginner im unsure which way to jump!
You're correct, you want the T5. The flood uses the same T5's so it'll work perfectly fine if its large enough. What size vivarium are we talking? It would probably be fine in a viv 3ft in length but any larger and I'd say you'd need a tube. Can't you order online? Try giving arcadiaJohn a message, he'll be able to tell you what's best.

Old 16-02-2013, 12:01 PM
Egg

viv is 4ft wide so will prob get the luminaire tube then (36" yeh?) i can buy online but i kinda want to support my local shop cos i have bombarded them with stupid beginner questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-02-2013, 12:24 PM
5 Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownTopRankin View Post
viv is 4ft wide so will prob get the luminaire tube then (36" yeh?) i can buy online but i kinda want to support my local shop cos i have bombarded them with stupid beginner questions!
yeah, 36" mounted in the hot side to create a photogradient (Light & Shade). You could always ask your local to order it in for you? Seems like a lot of hassle to end up probably paying more money, suppose it depends how much you want to support them!

Old 16-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Egg

true, i think im just a bit nervous about taking on a whole new species as a pet and wanted to stay in their good books incase i had queries *blush*

want to get the best set up i can but dont want to drain the bank account in the process so may well have a look around online, have bought thermostat and viv decs from online shops so im headed for the dark disloyal side of shopping already i guess lol
Old 16-02-2013, 12:46 PM
5 Star Member

if you have queries then just ask on here, very informative and very free!!! It is a shame that the majority shop online now but it makes sense, luckily (or unluckily) for me I don't have a local shop that I want to support!