leopard gecko help - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Hatchling
Post leopard gecko help

Hello
I have a beardie and wanting to get a leopard gecko, been looking online at bits and bobs but I'm confusing myself as I am reading conflicting info about habitats.

if someone could tell me what I need to get possibly some links be great, some say no lights but I want one to view them ect, need enough to house 2 female Leos if you can help with the habitat be great

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Postaholic Member

Look at the first link for set up guide and take a trip to the second link for more information then you can shake a stick at

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ard-gecko.html

Lizards - Reptile Forums

Artisan Reptiles - Facebook
-------------------------------------------
Lover & keeper of Boa Constrictor - Morphs/Commons/Dwarfs/BCI/BCC/BCA
plus
various Day, Satanic Leaftailed, Leachianus, other Gecko species
&
Western Hognose among other beautiful creatures!
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan View Post
Look at the first link for set up guide and take a trip to the second link for more information then you can shake a stick at

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ard-gecko.html

Lizards - Reptile Forums
Okay thanks have had a look were the best place to get a viv from?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Regular

Any online shop, or good exotic pet shop. My advise would be to have a look as Swells reptiles. They sell everything you need.

If you have any more questions about your leo feel free to ask, I know how confusing it can be with all the care sheets available.

Rebecca
Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bio View Post
Any online shop, or good exotic pet shop. My advise would be to have a look as Swells reptiles. They sell everything you need.

If you have any more questions about your leo feel free to ask, I know how confusing it can be with all the care sheets available.

Rebecca
Thanks Rebecca I have had a look on there website but like you said all confusing. If you have a spare few mins could you get me a few links with the basic stuff I need to house 2 Leos be extreamly greatful

Tom
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml19 View Post
Thanks Rebecca I have had a look on there website but like you said all confusing. If you have a spare few mins could you get me a few links with the basic stuff I need to house 2 Leos be extreamly greatful

Tom
If you want to house 2 Leos, you simply need 2 lots of equipment. It's best to keep them alone, except for breeding.

The other thing that I would add is that it has been shown that Leopard Geckos are extremely efficient at using UV light, which is important for them to process calcium via vitamin D3. I would strongly advise that you use a UV light on a timer for Leopard Geckos. Normal sunlight is a great source of UV, but it is blocked by glass, so even on a bright summer day, a UV light is useful.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”
Old 07-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffers3 View Post
If you want to house 2 Leos, you simply need 2 lots of equipment. It's best to keep them alone, except for breeding.

The other thing that I would add is that it has been shown that Leopard Geckos are extremely efficient at using UV light, which is important for them to process calcium via vitamin D3. I would strongly advise that you use a UV light on a timer for Leopard Geckos. Normal sunlight is a great source of UV, but it is blocked by glass, so even on a bright summer day, a UV light is useful.
Thanks do I fit it inside the viv or on the outside I.e top this what I mean all confusing, beardie was easy lol. Also it's for two female Leos out of the same litter hopefully won't be a problem if there is then yeah will have to get a second viv
Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml19 View Post
Thanks do I fit it inside the viv or on the outside I.e top this what I mean all confusing, beardie was easy lol. Also it's for two female Leos out of the same litter hopefully won't be a problem if there is then yeah will have to get a second viv

Inside - same as for beardie. Just use a slightly lower UV output bulb. I use the 5% strip lights.

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

“... there is no shame in not knowing. The problem arises when irrational thought and attendant behavior fill the vacuum left by ignorance.”

Tags
leopard gecko