Redfoot Tortoise sun bulb? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 14-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Hatchling
Question Redfoot Tortoise sun bulb?

Hi,
I am a total newbie and I'm setting up a viv for my very first Redfoot tortoise. I am going to buy an Arcadia mercury basking lamp 100w. And I was hoping someone could suggest a sun bulb to use. I understand that it has to put out UVB and UVA. But I am getting really confused when looking to purchase on the net. What wattage should I be buying? I'd be grateful for any info and suggestions if you think this is the wrong basking lamp to go for.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Ultra Citizen

How big is your enclosure? You could just use a MVB-combines heat and uvb. I use a 160w arcadio d3 mvb with an extra spotlight and che, although you should not need the extras if your viv isn't massive.
“A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.”
Keeping Tortoises, Snails, Rabbits and a dog among other things.

Tags
red foot tortoise , sun bulb