Blood red bearded dragon - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 28-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Hatchling
Default Blood red bearded dragon

Hiya all, I got my very first bearded dragon 2 weeks ago, I'm guessing its about 2 months old going on the size and so far he/she seems to be eating ok and active, I have a question though. As title says it is a blood red beardie and last couple days the colouring on its back seems to have faded, is this normal? Or is something wrong? I'm probably worrying over nothing but as I'm new to keeping beardeds I wondered if anyone could put my mind at rest
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Regular

Starting to shed its skin, its normal, they do this a lot as they grow.
Old 28-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjay View Post
Starting to shed its skin, its normal, they do this a lot as they grow.
I thought maybe that was the reason but couldn't see any signs of shedding...thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-03-2013, 02:26 PM
Regular

It can take a while, they look like they are fading at first, then they go a bit bonkers rubbing of everything and anything. Give your beardie a bath, this will help it shed, when the shed starts to come of they look weird, bits of skin sticking out everywhere but don't be tempted to help and try and pull it of, they sort it out themselves, just regular baths will help and something in the viv with a good edge so he or she can rub of.
Old 28-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjay View Post
It can take a while, they look like they are fading at first, then they go a bit bonkers rubbing of everything and anything. Give your beardie a bath, this will help it shed, when the shed starts to come of they look weird, bits of skin sticking out everywhere but don't be tempted to help and try and pull it of, they sort it out themselves, just regular baths will help and something in the viv with a good edge so he or she can rub of.
I've been putting him/her in a warm bath couple times a week as I read it helps with hydration

Tags
bearded dragon , blood red , juvenile