Reptile Forums

Reptile Forums (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/)
-   Newbie Advice (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/)
-   -   putting rubs inside a viv (https://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/newbie-advice/948927-putting-rubs-inside-viv.html)

9001saunders 29-03-2013 03:11 PM

putting rubs inside a viv

Hi all,
Ive got a 3/2.5/2in viv and im wanting to put 3-4 rubs inside it and breed ball pythons in them in the future. Im wondering how to go about setting it all up, ie heat, lights, ventilation, temp control.
Thanks.

Chance 29-03-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9001saunders (Post 11083000)
Hi all,
Ive got a 3/2.5/2in viv and im wanting to put 3-4 rubs inside it and breed ball pythons in them in the future. Im wondering how to go about setting it all up, ie heat, lights, ventilation, temp control.
Thanks.

hey and :welcomerfuk:

I'm not sure I've herd of people doing that before.

Most use racks. You could actually dismantle the viv and build a rack? I don't think lighting etc would be very easy to achieve in a viv with RUB's inside.

I may be wrong but I struggle to comprehend how that would work?

9001saunders 29-03-2013 03:38 PM

The problem is my gf wants them to be locked behind glass:(
I was thinking of putting a tube light at the top right at the front. Ive seen something like it in one of the reptile shops ive been to but that was on a much bigger scale.

Chance 29-03-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9001saunders (Post 11083043)
I was thinking of putting a tube light at the top right at the front. Ive seen something like it in one of the reptile shops ive been to but that was on a much bigger scale.

Yeah the shops usually have them custom built. The light isn't really a necessity as long as the temps are right. Is the GF not a fan of snakes then?

Any kind of cabinet can be made into a place for RUBs if they have lids.

Someone may know how to do it but I've just never seen it myself so can't really help.

:2thumb:

9001saunders 29-03-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chance (Post 11083048)
Yeah the shops usually have them custom built. The light isn't really a necessity as long as the temps are right. Is the GF not a fan of snakes then?

Any kind of cabinet can be made into a place for RUBs if they have lids.

Someone may know how to do it but I've just never seen it myself so can't really help.

:2thumb:

Haha no shes not and im surprised shes agreed to it. The viv is in a well lit room I was thinking of putting heat mats in there as well as a low watt light. Ill make it work I hope haha. ;)

Tyzer 29-03-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9001saunders (Post 11083082)
Haha no shes not and im surprised shes agreed to it. The viv is in a well lit room I was thinking of putting heat mats in there as well as a low watt light. Ill make it work I hope haha. ;)

Why not split it in half then half again so you have 4 sections

deefa139 29-03-2013 04:08 PM

Buy lots of separate vivs and put locks on them, she's happy cos they are locked away and your happy cos you have lots of snakes. Just tell her putting rubs in a viv would be like building a shed in your living room - silly :lol2:

Meko 29-03-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9001saunders (Post 11083043)

get a big glass display cabinet for the lounge, and lock her in it. Technically the snakes will be 'locked behind glass'

9001saunders 29-03-2013 04:52 PM

Haha. Good answers. Ill work around it. I no its pointless an a shed in a house typifies it. Bur needs must.

Chance 29-03-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9001saunders (Post 11083195)
Haha. Good answers. Ill work around it. I no its pointless an a shed in a house typifies it. Bur needs must.

Its just the temperatures that I imagine would be difficult to maintain with the placements of mats and all that extra plastic etc in there.

Hmmm. Not sure how I would do it.

You could still build a rack and then make doors for it? :2thumb: