Interested in bearded dragons advice and info needed :) - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > New Owners > Newbie Advice

Old 30-03-2013, 07:55 PM
Regular

The viv is ok but there is things you will not need, heat rock is a no no, can burn beardies, heats mats are no use for beardies, you will also need a uv tube 3/4 the length of the viv and a controller to power it.

If I was you I would stick with Tom, very enthusiastic keeper and viv builder, he knows his stuff.

Here a link on the basic setup, these guy are over in Northampton and can build you custom vivs.

Reptile Supplies | Live Food | Vivariums | The Reptile Centre

Video on setup

Looking to keep Bearded Dragons as pets? | Northampton Reptile Centre
tomcannon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxjay View Post
The viv is ok but there is things you will not need, heat rock is a no no, can burn beardies, heats mats are no use for beardies, you will also need a uv tube 3/4 the length of the viv and a controller to power it.

If I was you I would stick with Tom, very enthusiastic keeper and viv builder, he knows his stuff.

Here a link on the basic setup, these guy are over in Northampton and can build you custom vivs.

Reptile Supplies | Live Food | Vivariums | The Reptile Centre

Video on setup

Looking to keep Bearded Dragons as pets? | Northampton Reptile Centre

Thankyou for that, yea ill keep away from that one then lol, that link you gave me is very useful me and my partner going to go there on monday. xx
Old 31-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Gold Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Chance

Hope you manage to find something! Have you checked they're open tomorrow with it being a bank hol?

to the crazy world of reptiles. I am jealous of that viv Tom is building!
tomcannon likes this.

Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-03-2013, 11:37 AM
5 Star Member

Please do not spend £300 on a bearded dragon kit. You will well overspend for usually inferior products.

Check here, here and here for more info. Or buy my viv! I've added more pics to the link in my sig by the way.

Old 31-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Gold Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcannon View Post
Please do not spend £300 on a bearded dragon kit. You will well overspend for usually inferior products.

Check here, here and here for more info. Or buy my viv! I've added more pics to the link in my sig by the way.
I don't think I'd have the heart to sell that after all the work! I'd have to keep it and would simply be forced to purchase more reptiles to put in it!
tomcannon likes this.

Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?

Old 31-03-2013, 12:26 PM
Regular

They are open on Monday Cat, 20% off livestock and 10% off everything else, take a look at their facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/northamptonreptilecentre
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Regular

Hi guys,

took the plunge and brought a brand new 4x2x2 complete with everything have the slimline luminaire t5 39 watt lights. all brought from where mxjay sugguested northampton reptile centre. cost an arm and a leg but least will all be set up ill upload pic of viv if i knew how?? now in two minds as lady there said will b fine with 2 beardies (babies) was going to get male and female and throw eggs away but again stuff im reading saying the male can be really agressive with female in bredding season and stresses her out etc. so thought 2 females but seeing mixed views. lady said she got beardies together and fine, unsure?? xx
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM
Regular

uploaded pics in my album xx
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Regular

Looks good cat, glad you got sorted. I have 2 females together with no problems but I would never keep a male and a female together, it would cause far to many problems. If you get your beardies from a decent breader they will be able to sex them so you know what you will be getting. Thats a relly good place you went to starting out, Lois is very passionate about what she does.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
5 Star Member

As mx jay has suggested if you want to cohabit then f/f pairing is the only answer really in a 4x2x2, however, still no guarantee. Add a male to the occasion and your chances will decrease dramatically.

Tags
advice & help , bearded dragon , bearded dragon setup , information , newowners