after a pet but not sure what exactly... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics


  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 04:49 PM
Super Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 891
Default after a pet but not sure what exactly...

hey peeps, so ive been trying persuade my mrs into letting me get a pet,
so far shes fine with a cat but isnt giving the go ahead just yet,
im after a pet but not sure what exactly, was wondering if you could give me some ideas as to whats out there, thanks..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 06:20 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,888
Default after a pet but not sure what exactly...

Youíre spoilt for choice ..

Maybe easier for you to say what kind of experience you are looking for ?

Ie the unconditional love and devotion of a dawg or maybe just the sheer gorgeousness of an Emerald Tree Boa display snake ..

It also depends on how much time you can devote to the new critter .. how much space / money you have available amongst other things .. our little Italian Greyhound costs us £75 per month JUST for dog insurance alone .






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 08:39 PM
Super Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Youíre spoilt for choice ..

Maybe easier for you to say what kind of experience you are looking for ?

Ie the unconditional love and devotion of a dawg or maybe just the sheer gorgeousness of an Emerald Tree Boa display snake ..

It also depends on how much time you can devote to the new critter .. how much space / money you have available amongst other things .. our little Italian Greyhound costs us £75 per month JUST for dog insurance alone .


image

image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i love snakes but its a big no no because mrs is scared of them...

i dont think its the right time to get a dog tbh

how comes your pet insurance is so expensive?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 09:01 PM
Zincubus's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1985 View Post
i love snakes but its a big no no because mrs is scared of them...



i dont think its the right time to get a dog tbh



how comes your pet insurance is so expensive?


Itís 12 years old so more likely to need some kind of treatment... plus because of his age nobody else will take him on for insurance so the existing company can effectively charge what the hell they like knowing that we really have no choice but to pay it ..





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
saj1985 likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2020, 10:00 PM
Super Citizen
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Itís 12 years old so more likely to need some kind of treatment... plus because of his age nobody else will take him on for insurance so the existing company can effectively charge what the hell they like knowing that we really have no choice but to pay it ..





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yea i hear you, they do take the p*ss

i like the thought of a cat, ferrets and maybe tarantulas
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2020, 09:06 PM
feorag's Avatar
Posting Deity
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cramlington, N'land
Posts: 31,908
Default

In terms of dogs and cats, dogs need more time spent on them than cats, if only because they need to be exercised by you!

There are breeds of cats out there that are very people oriented and known for behaving like dogs - that's why I got the breeds I got when the time wasn't right for me get another dog when my dog died. So I've had both.

So really it's up to you how much effort you are prepared to put into a new pet so that you get the one that's right for you, because that's the way it has to be.

You need to decide how much time you can give to a dog and if it isn't enough then it's not fair to get one and maybe a cat might be a better option.

If you really fancy something else, then you need to do your research and be sure you can house it and care for it correctly.
__________________


Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/




Website: . www.feorag.freeservers.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:34 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUKô)