Random cat chat thread - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 11-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Posting Deity
Default Random cat chat thread

There are a few random threads running though this forum ranging from just "random chat" to "the fatties thread" and "the thinnies thread" where like minded people stay regularly in touch. Being a 'forum fattie' I've been in the fatties thread since it started and it turned into just a few like minded people 'talking' to each other, often about things far removed from diets and the like!

So I thought if it works for fatties, then it could work for catties!!

There are "post your cat pictures" threads, but no "just talk about your cats or anything else cat connected" threads, so I've decided to start one. Let's see if it takes off or not!!

So those of us who are ailuraphiles and regularly contribute to anything that involves cats in this forum and we all know each other now, let's join together and chat!!!
Jan4263 and Oinkeyface like this.

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Premier Citizen

Hi,

We have two cats both toms 'charlie' [ginger] and 'tilly' [white tabby] i think,i am no expert on cats as they are really my OH but i think you may have read my thread cattery..

Anyway just saw the thread and thought i would post.

I don't have any pics as yet either,so a bit useless really LOL.

John
Old 11-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Posting Deity

Yes I read your thread on cattery - you liked the Burmese didn't you!

Just say what you want and post what you want that's the idea. If the thread takes off you'll find a few will stick with it (in my experience) and we'll just end up as forum friends talking about each other and our cats.

Volunteer - The Sanctuary Wildlife Care Centre http://www.wildlife-sanctuary.co.uk/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 PM
No Life Member

this is my new kitten, my girlfreind put a deposit down the other night and we went to have another look at her tonight shes adorable, shes 4 weeks old and we are picking her up in 3 or 4 weeks.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Premier Member

At the moment i've just got Libby my 16.5 week old moggy. Had cats my whole life but I suppose she's the first one that is solely my responsibility from day one. I.e. I recently had to have sophie my 17 year old girl put to sleep. I'd had her from three weeks old, but at the time I was only a tot myself. So although she was mine she wasn't solely mine, if that makes any sense. I suppose that's why I panic with everything to do with Libby. Want her brought up well lol.

I can honestly say though i've never owned such a stupidly affectionate cat...well when she's in the mood. She goes from one extreme to the other. She's either wanting cuddles, and will sleep in the most random positions sprawled over you, or she just wants to attack everything.

I would love another cat at some point, as I loved seeing the way Sophie, harriet & meg interacted (sisters). Even if it was just meg whacking them around the head for eating all their food and not giving her any ...cats you've got to love em.

Katie

Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by feorag View Post
Yes I read your thread on cattery - you liked the Burmese didn't you!

Just say what you want and post what you want that's the idea. If the thread takes off you'll find a few will stick with it (in my experience) and we'll just end up as forum friends talking about each other and our cats.
Yes,i think the burmese are stunning.

I really like the bengals also..

John
Old 11-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephitis View Post
Yes,i think the burmese are stunning.

I really like the bengals also..

John
Aye I would love a snow spotted/rosetted bengal female. However, off reading around they sound like they do better alone, so if we did get a second cat probably not a good choice suppose every cat is different though.

Any suggestions for cats that (generally) can do well with others?

Katie

Old 11-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiexx View Post
Aye I would love a snow spotted/rosetted bengal female. However, off reading around they sound like they do better alone, so if we did get a second cat probably not a good choice suppose every cat is different though.

I have never really gone out to buy a cat,one of ares has been here forever LOL, and the other was a rescue.

My OH likes the snow spotted bengals and i have to agree with her.

If we did not have two already,no doubt we would have one of them.

John
Old 12-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiexx View Post

Some breeds of cat are much more sociable than others. In my own experience Siamese and Orientals like Siamese and Orientals, but don't much care for other breeds!! My Somalis are not particularly sociable with each other, but are very people oriented. If I went into my bedroom now and all 5 were on my bed, none of the Somalis would be touching! The only cat who will be touching another will be the Siamese, who will be almost lying on top of Harry (who's the soft touch of the family) and that's cos she sees him as her own personal animated hot water bottle!! It was the same when we had 10. The siamese and orientals would all be lying in a pile together and the somalis would all be lying separately!!

Here's a perfect example. Soft hearted Aby lying on the bean bag minding his own business - along comes 2 Siamese and an Oriental looking for a hot water bottle!! Luna (by then the only Siamese/oriental in the house) was devastated when he died but quickly worked out who was the next 'daftest' cat in the house - Enter Harry!! God knows what she'll do when we lose him, cos the other 3 won't tolerate her!!

Last edited by feorag; 12-09-2008 at 12:15 AM..
Old 12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Pets are a luxury!!!
Send a message via AIM to Shell195

Eileen I have a photo of my Siamese all heaped up in a furry bed, I will see if Steve can scan it in. Its so much like yours. I think this si a great thread to start

ZAK MY GREEK DOG

WOODLANDS ANIMAL SANCTUARY
(also Registered hedgehog carers)
http://www.animalsanctuary.org.uk/
W.A.S. Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=97503031607

AFRICAN PYGMY HEDGEHOG RESCUE
http://www.homelesshogs.co.uk

Tags
123456789 10 , alex car sucks , alex drives a pimpwagon , all the ladies love alex , cat finally has her chi , cat needs a chihuahua , charlie the super hammy. , dirty old pensioner ian , good times chat & friends , ian needs rac , insomniacs anonymous , jake rocks! , jen feels left out , nix needs a gsd , not cat more rat! , peri's fanclub , sammy wins! , the home of coffybean , the sanitarium , welcome to the madhouse , what is with , women rule - yay!!! , yeh!! cat got her chi!! , zoo-man wins again! , _emmie_x_ is eh9660