Looking for something low maintenance... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Other Pets and Exotics

Old 04-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Default Looking for something low maintenance...

Hello all! Firstly, I live in central Florida. We own two ferrets and three cats, although I'm not the one who does the maintenance for them (my mother's boyfriend does, but occasionally I'll pick up a turd on the floor with paper towels and spray the floor with cleaner and dry it with more paper towels). The cats are usually outside animals, and they tend to do well on there own in our yard.
Right now I'm looking for a really low maintenance exotic. So far I've considered...
Freshwater Snails
Sea monkeys (mine always died young when I was little)
Praying Mantises

Suggestions would be nice.
I'm particularly interested in snails, although in this heat I'm concerned about their health since only one part of this house has air conditioning. I doubt it'll be much of a problem if I put a towel over their tank for a bit.
A simple guide to maintenance would be nice (I know snails like fruits and vegetables, and anything like bones for a calcium source).

Last edited by Omera; 04-08-2009 at 10:54 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Some clarifications...
The ferrets don't get much maintenance from me because they aren't 100% mine. They're my mother's boyfriends, although I still care for them. =]